Config files Philips TV's 2009,2010,2011,2012

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Config files Philips TV's 2009,2010,2011,2012

Postby mrkrabs » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi,

First of all I would like to thank every person that participated in creating the config files for the Philips TV. I've used one for my 42PFL3507H tv and it works flawlessly!

But, I seem to be stuck at one probably simple problem. What I would like to know is, if it's possible to select different subtitles and, what's even more important switch on and switch off subtitles from my Philips TV?

When I start the movie, let's say with the PMS settings for subtitles eng,rus the movie starts with English subtitles, controversy if I start it with the settings rus,eng - the movie starts with Russian subtitles. But, If on the remote I click Info button and then select subtitles Off or Subtitles On - nothing happens, the subtitles are still there and I am not able to switch them off. Probably, it should be like this and I'm asking for an impossible thing, but still would like to confirm that.

Another question is if it's possible to change the soundtrack of the movie? Let's say I'm streaming an mkv file containing both English and Russian audio track, and when I click on the remove the Info button and select audio track what I see is just one audiotrack with the name "Undefined". Again, not sure if this is possible, as probably PMS streams the movie only with one soundtrack, but still.

Anyways, thanks very much for all your efforts guys!
mrkrabs

Postby slooff » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:44 am

hi mrkrabs, this is all expected behaviour of PMS as in your case the subtitles are "added" and audio track is "selected" on the PMS server side in the transcoding process. The TV has no control over that. The only way to select a specific subtitle/audio-track at start of the movie, is through selecting the right movie/subtitle/audio-track combination in the TRANSCODE folder.
opensuse 12.1, latest PMS build, mplayer/mencoder with static libraries, movieinfo, pmsencoder, edl plugin, PS3, XBOX, Samsung ES7000
slooff

Postby mrkrabs » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:49 pm

Thanks slooff, anyway pms is doing a great job :)
mrkrabs

Postby leroy » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:08 pm

I have wrote a new config-file for the Philips xxPFL9xx3 (2008) TV's.

These TV's currently uses the existing "Philips.conf", included within PMS.
This config-file forced to transcode everything, while this TV can play some formats natively.

These TV's supports playback formats:
Video: MPEG-1, MPEG-2
Audio: MP3
Photo: JPEG

They have next user-agent for recognizing:
Allegro-Software-WebClient/4.61 DLNADOC/1.00

The new config-file for these TV's, gives support for the natively supported formats.
It need to be tested, because I have not the possibility to test it.
If you want to try the config-file, replace the existing Philips.conf with this one:

PhilipsPFL9xx3 1.0.zip
(2.08 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
leroy

Postby mrkrabs » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:58 am

Hi guys, i wonder if anyone else has to restart PMS after switching Philips TV on in order for the TV to connect to PMS? It's always like this for me, for some reason TV cannot see PMS until i restart the server. I'm sure there is no firewall on my network at all so nothing is blocking the connection between them.
mrkrabs

Postby meskibob » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:57 pm

FAQ - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=18424#p22384
This is assuming your tv uses a similar multicast packet.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby mrkrabs » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:07 am

thank you.
mrkrabs

Postby mrkrabs » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:50 pm

Hi again, a question to Philips tv users. Is anyone experiencing an issue, when the playback of video, lets say transcoded video suddenly stops ie not being sent to tv anymore, and the tv hangs(i mean totally hangs, i have to put out the power cord and put it back to bring th tv to life)? The same is happening if i watch online streams via pmsencoder plugin and the stream dies or stops from sending to tv - the tv hangs completely.

Thank you.

P.S.: My tv model is 42PFL3507H
mrkrabs

Postby muran » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:03 pm

Hey

First of I'm new here (created my account today) so if I ask the wrong questions or have missed some information (I did search but didn't find what I was looking for) I apologize on before hand. :)

I have a Philips 47PFL6907T that I can't get to function together with PS3 Media Server.
The TV displays the media server, but I can't see any subfolders at all. If I click on the link on the TV, it just gives me a message saying there are no playable files in that location.
I have a playstation connected to another television set and the playstation has no problems displaying the subfolders or displaying any of the media inside of it.
As a test I also installed another media server (not mentioning the name), shared the same folders as on the PMS and the TV directly picked up all the folders and media inside of it.

I have tried using both the default PhilipsFPL.conf file as well as the one that was suggested here in this thread (PhilipsPFLxxx7 1.0.conf) with the same result.
I get no error messages in PMS log files.

Anyone experienced something similar or have any clue how it can be fixed?

Regards
Muran
muran

Postby muran » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:28 pm

muran wrote:Hey

First of I'm new here (created my account today) so if I ask the wrong questions or have missed some information (I did search but didn't find what I was looking for) I apologize on before hand. :)

I have a Philips 47PFL6907T that I can't get to function together with PS3 Media Server.
The TV displays the media server, but I can't see any subfolders at all. If I click on the link on the TV, it just gives me a message saying there are no playable files in that location.
I have a playstation connected to another television set and the playstation has no problems displaying the subfolders or displaying any of the media inside of it.
As a test I also installed another media server (not mentioning the name), shared the same folders as on the PMS and the TV directly picked up all the folders and media inside of it.

I have tried using both the default PhilipsFPL.conf file as well as the one that was suggested here in this thread (PhilipsPFLxxx7 1.0.conf) with the same result.
I get no error messages in PMS log files.

Anyone experienced something similar or have any clue how it can be fixed?

Regards
Muran

Actually I just found a trace in the debug.log that seems to happen when the television tries to display the media server library:
Code: Select all
DEBUG 2012-11-30 14:26:24.832 [New I/O server worker #1-11] Caught exception
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
   at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.getDisplayName(DLNAResource.java:985) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.toString(DLNAResource.java:1231) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at net.pms.network.RequestV2.answer(RequestV2.java:647) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2.writeResponse(RequestHandlerV2.java:301) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2.messageReceived(RequestHandlerV2.java:256) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.handler.stream.ChunkedWriteHandler.handleUpstream(ChunkedWriteHandler.java:149) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.http.HttpChunkAggregator.messageReceived(HttpChunkAggregator.java:116) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:302) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.unfoldAndFireMessageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:527) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.callDecode(ReplayingDecoder.java:506) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.messageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:443) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:274) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:261) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.read(NioWorker.java:351) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.processSelectedKeys(NioWorker.java:282) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.run(NioWorker.java:202) ~[pms.jar:na]
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110) [na:1.6.0_24]
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603) [na:1.6.0_24]
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679) [na:1.6.0_24]

Does that help in finding the problem?
muran

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers