Folder on USB disk suddenly not working anymore

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Folder on USB disk suddenly not working anymore

Postby frankhovin » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:33 pm

Version: The one in the Ubuntu repo - this is the only one I can get working.

I have a Ubuntu machine running PSM. On this, PMS is serving media files in a couple of local folders AND an USB disk connected to the PC.

I've been running this for several months, serving both local folders and a USB disk connected to the pc running PMS. It's been working fine. Suddenly, today, I receive a "Protocol error" when trying to access the shared USB disk from the PS3. I open the media server in the PS3 browser, and open the folder representing the USB disk on the PC with PMS, and the error immediately occurs. All other folders served by PMS - the local folders - works fine, but the USB disk folder doesn't anymore.

No changes whatsoever have been done on the server or in PMS - it suddenly stopped working, and no amount of reboots of the pc or the PS3 changes anything. I can access all the shared folders from the PS3 except the USB disk.

Any ideas?
frankhovin

Re: Folder on USB disk suddenly not working anymore

Postby chocolateboy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:41 pm

chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby frankh » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Sorry about that.

Here's the debug.log: http://pastebin.com/BcfXes6i

Every kind of restart has been tried. I've also removed the share on the PMS server, and tried adding it again, as well as removing it and tried to add a specific folder on the USB disk instead of the whole disk. No change. The error - DLNA protocol error (2114) hass occured - pops up the second I select the folder from the PS3.

NB: I have, of course, verified that the USB disk is accesssible, and that media files can be played from it, on the PC running PMS.

Seeing that no reports about this error seems to have been met with any kind of solution or answer in the past, anywhere on the web that I can find, I don't expect much. But it'd be nice to get it solved. Errors suddenly occuring with things that haven't been changed in any way is more frustrating than I'm able to express.
frankh

Postby chocolateboy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:12 pm

Code: Select all
DEBUG 2012-11-23 20:41:37.839 [New I/O server worker #1-3] Caught exception
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal group reference
        at java.util.regex.Matcher.appendReplacement(Matcher.java:725) ~[na:1.6.0_24]
        at java.util.regex.Matcher.replaceAll(Matcher.java:823) ~[na:1.6.0_24]
        at java.lang.String.replaceAll(String.java:2201) ~[na:1.6.0_24]
        at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.getDisplayName(DLNAResource.java:1044) ~[pms.jar:na]
        at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.toString(DLNAResource.java:1231) ~[pms.jar:na]
        at net.pms.network.RequestV2.answer(RequestV2.java:647) ~[pms.jar:na]
        at net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2.writeResponse(RequestHandlerV2.java:301) ~[pms.jar:na]
        at net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2.messageReceived(RequestHandlerV2.java:256) ~[pms.jar:na]

That was fixed in 1.72.0. If you don't want to wait for the next PPA release, try the tarball or a snapshot build.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby frankhovin » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:13 am

Unfortunately, I have to wait for the version to be updated in the Ubuntu repository.
frankhovin

Problem accessing another partition

Postby Corruption » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:40 am

Whenever I'm trying to play things from my Ubuntu Partition everything runs smoothly. I'm able to play music, videos, and view pictures. However, whenever I try to go to my Storage partition the ps3 pops up saying, "Media Server Error: A DLNA protocol error (2114) has occurred."

Computer Specs:
CPU - Intel® Core™2 CPU T5600 @ 1.83GHz × 2
RAM - 2 GB
OS - Ubuntu 12.04

The partition I'm trying to access is located in /media/Storage.

Considering how it works perfect for files on the Ubuntu Partition I'd guess that it has something to do with the permissions/options of that partition? I can provide my fstab if needed.
Corruption

Re: Problem accessing another partition

Postby chocolateboy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:45 am

chocolateboy
Project Member

Re: Problem accessing another partition

Postby Corruption » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:52 am

http://pastebin.com/KU7AxFTn -- Regular Debug Log
http://pastebin.com/9MLSrATW -- Trace Debug Log

Hopefully I did it right.
Corruption