Damaged cache has to be deleted but the program couldn't do

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Damaged cache has to be deleted but the program couldn't do

Postby kissmecici » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:38 pm

Hello budy, it's my first time to use PMS. When I run the program, it comes out with an error message " Damaged cache has to be deleted but the program couldn't do it. Stop the program and delete the folder D:\PS3 Media Server\Database manually."
But I can't delete the folder manually because java.exe is using it.
I try to stop java.exe but it does not work. java.exe always re-run itself.
It really makes me annoyed..I searched in internet for days but found nothing. :(
I'm much appreciated if someone could help me.. :D
kissmecici

Re: Damaged cache has to be deleted but the program couldn't

Postby kissmecici » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:23 pm

hello..can anybody help me ..
kissmecici

Postby meskibob » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:26 pm

Exit the program (and stop the service if you're using it) and then delete the folder.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby kissmecici » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:56 pm

meskibob wrote:Exit the program (and stop the service if you're using it) and then delete the folder.

I tried this, but when I delete the folder, it always says java.exe is using it...I did this after close the program.. :cry:
kissmecici

Postby meskibob » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:59 pm

If you can't figure out how to stop java from running, reboot into Safe Mode (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutoria ... safe-mode/) and delete it then.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby crazydrve » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:33 am

I too am getting the exact error except I delete the database folder and preference each time but error message keeps coming back and cant find any issues in error log...

" Damaged cache has to be deleted but the program couldn't do it. Stop the program and delete the folder D:\PS3 Media Server\Database manually."

ps3 media version 1.72.0
Build: d9fd0a44c (2012-11-18)
INFO 2012-11-22 07:14:04.428 [main] Java: 1.7.0_09-Oracle Corporation
INFO 2012-11-22 07:14:04.443 [main] OS: Windows 7 x86 6.1 *** (one thing is I am running x64 bit not x86 don't know why its saying x86)

INFO 2012-11-22 07:14:04.443 [main] Encoding: UTF-8
INFO 2012-11-22 07:14:04.443 [main] Memory: 742 MB

thank you
Crazydrve
crazydrve

Postby valib » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:26 pm

It seem to me that you have installed the PMS as the Windows Service. In that case just ignore the message. This is a bug and I am working on it. When you run the second instance of the PMS it has no acces to the database and raises an exception which is incorectly handled. Use the PMS program only to change settings, save changes and close it. To apply the changes the PMS Windows Service must be stopped and started again. Or you can restart the PC.
valib

Postby DruTheFu » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:56 pm

Is there an updated status to this bug being addressed?

I've been receiving this same message every time PMS starts up. I have PMS starting as a service, and this message appears. Also, when I close PMS manually then reopen it, the message appears. So whenever, PMS opens, the message appears.
DruTheFu

Postby crazydrve » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:33 am

Just an update. I still get the error even though I am not running it as a service. I disabled that, uninstalled removed prefs, reinstalled and made sure it doesn't show in services list.

I am running latest version and latest version of java. windows 7 x64 with latest updates.

Just did a test and I get that error also if I have the shortcut for the ps3media server in the startup folder.

So Is there anyway to start the app with the computer? I get that error when its a service or a shortcut in startup folder

Now except for that error the app works great, so its more of an annoyance issue, everything still seems to work fine

thanks
crazydrve
crazydrve

Postby Reliken » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:08 pm

Hi there. The other day, I had trouble getting the PS3 Media Server to open on my desktop. I double-clicked the desktop shortcut, and... nothing happened. I waited for about two minutes, and nothing happened. So I double clicked it again. Another two minutes went by, and nothing happened. Finally, I went to the actual directory and tried double-clicking the .exe - and now THREE instances of PS3 Media Server activated all at once. I closed two of them and left one of them open.

While attempting to stream some music via the PS3 Media Server, I opened a music directory on my PS3, faced an incredibly long load time (which yielded no results and no files were displayed), and then received a DLNA Protocol Error 2006.

When I returned to my desktop, I had the error from the topic title - an error I've never seen before. I've been using PS3 Media Server relatively without any issue of functionality for the last 8 months. I do NOT have it installed as a Windows Service.

Since getting this error, the media server will NOT find my PS3 (or vice versa). I've deleted the damaged cache as the instruction told me to, but the media server never pops up on my PS3 anymore. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling PMS, making sure to install the latest version, I've tried forcing the default renderer, and I've tried resetting the cache under navigation/share settings, but everything has been to no avail. I cannot get the program to function anymore, and I have no idea why or what happened or how to fix it.

Any help would be really, really appreciated.
Reliken

Next

Return to General Help and Support