Jumpy: Jump into Python (and onto XBMC) Updated 22 Sep 2012

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: Jumpy: Jump into Python (and onto XBMC) Updated 22 Sep 2

Postby Morias » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:12 pm

Colour me impressed! Both Own3d and Twitch are working perfectly now. Thanks alot for all your help and patience!
Morias

Postby Wishthink » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:48 pm

I seem to be the next up with questions about my errors.

I have PMS, Jumpy, pmsencoder, pms-xbmc.

I get error cide 800288E1 on my TV, and code 1 in PMS trace.

I can watch other streams on XBMC(for example penny arcade) but not twitch. I can click through the folders and see the video option but clicking the file it self errors me out.
I've tried the temporary twitch fix with no help.
Attachments
pms_dbg.zip
(35.04 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Wishthink

Postby infidel » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:45 am

@Wishthink: it's best not to cross-post once you've received an initial reply (the situation is confusing, I know :)).
Last edited by chocolateboy on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Please keep posts on-topic
infidel

Postby Wishthink » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:41 pm

Fair enough lol. You linking here made me think i should come post here LOL. Back to the original site then!
Wishthink

Postby Morias » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:00 am

OK, so although the streams do generally work, I've got a couple of problems still.

With Own3D:
1. After some amount of time the stream will freeze. Once frozen trying to rerun the stream gives a "The content is corrupted" error on the PS3. On the PC, there are continuing processes for rtmpdump.exe and ffmpeg.exe using the CPU for each stream that freezes.
2. Some of the streams have a funny aspect ratio, which is squished horizontally and with the top 5% of the image cut off.

With Twitch:
Some streams, but not all, give a "This content cannot be played" error on the PS3.

Logs attached, sorry to keep bugging you!

Geoff.

Edit: actually, the twitch one seems to be the same problem as Wishthink just above.
Attachments
PMS Debugs 4.zip
(38.29 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Morias

Postby rocco24 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:14 am

I hope I wont get in trouble for posting this in here but I have problem displaying anything. I can see the stream but not able to have it displayed. I am attaching a fresh debug files if someone can help. Again my apologies if this is the wrong thread to post this kind of issues.
Attachments
pms debug.rar
PMS Debug Winrar
(31.89 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
rocco24

Postby S7eele » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:46 am

Long time user of PMS and really liking what I have working with Jumpy so fare. I am also running Channels with limited success. Things work pretty well through Jumpy and the 1Channel add-on but I have no success with other XBMC add-ons including IceFilms, Watchseries.eu and What the Furk. I swear I remember at least IceFilms working previously but honestly I have lost track in all my efforts to get streaming working well through PMS. I know there are other add-ons that work, I want to say Project Free TV or maybe Free Cable. Anyway, all this to ask a rather short question:

Is there a list of add-ons that are known to work with Jumpy?

If there isn't a list or anything I sure would appreciate anyone sharing their experiences with add-ons they know either work or don't work using PMS/Jumpy/XBMC to render on the PS3, especially if it's with one of those mentioned above.

Thanks to all those that make this project the awesome thing it is!

Peace!

Below was Added 102612

After doing a bit more research it looks like at least IceFilms was working with Jumpy/PMS at one point and I am certain it doesn't work on mine so maybe I should just start there. Looking through all the different logs I recall seeing a "connection refused" message whenever trying to play IceFilms. Looked like it was trying to open a connection on "localhost" using port 59994. Does that sound right? Anyone have thoughts on how I should proceed to get IceFilms playing through Jumpy/PMS?

Thanks again!
S7eele

Postby Berzerk » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:24 am

Someone is able to help me please ?

I'm trying to watch using the xbmc Youtube addon. Everything works fine except that i cannot see any content in the jumpy xbmc Youtube subfolders.
When i navigate through any subfolders such as "Subscriptions" i see the people I'm subscribed to at Youtube, however when entering *any* of them, nothing appears except for the "Add Bookmark" item. I've tried everything, and i always end up seeing nothing except "Add Bookmark".

Debug Logs :
Berzerk

Postby n0etic » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:00 am

Hi,

I'm trying to get the Canada on Demand plugin working. I've managed to fix a number of issues in the scripts myself by hardcoding some values. Not elegant, but it seems to work so far.

The issue I'm now getting an error being thrown from the xmbc.py file and I don't really know what to make of it. I don't mind modifying code or whatever to get it working, but don't know where to look for documentation on this particular error.

Attached are my log files. The error that I'm seeing is in the jumpy.log file. If anyone has any ideas on where I might be able to find some documentation on this error, that'd be great.

Thanks.
Attachments
pms_dbg.zip
(6.01 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
n0etic

Postby R9deLima » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:05 am

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone could help me out with a weird situation here. A couple of days ago I got Jumpy/XBMC up and running perfectly and all the addons I have run great.

Now, yesterday I noticed that none of my youtube streams in my web.conf no longer work. I’ve narrowed the problem down to the python path in my pms.conf. Whenever I remove the "python.path = C:\\Python27\\python.exe" from pms.conf, my youtube streams run perfectly.

So basically, the only way I can view my youtube streams is if I remove the python path. But to use Jumpy-XBMC I have to paste the python path back into pms.conf every time!?

Can anyone figure out why Python2.7 is conflicting with my youtube streams in web.conf? My trace log shows what Python is trying to do when I play youtube streams, but I am not sure how to interpret it or work around it.

I’m running on Vista 32 bit, PMS 1.70 with the latest pmsencoder and java.

If anyone has the time to take a look it would be greatly appreciated. You guys are doing an amazing job on here. Thanks!
Attachments
pms_dbg.zip
(52.26 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
R9deLima

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins