Channel plugin (Updated 12-06-23)

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

SVTPLAY program error again

Postby mattley » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:50 am

Well since you locked the thread before i had a chance to explain what im on about i guess i have make a new one ( sending a private message to you generates "there is no user called that"). My original thread was about sharkhunters PS3 media server build. And since you have locked the other thread about his build i made a new one, if im doing something wrong here please help me to the right place.
mattley

Re: Channel plugin (Updated 12-06-23)

Postby meskibob » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:26 am

Merged into channel plugin thread.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby SharkHunter » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:03 am

mattley wrote:Hello,

I have 2 problems with the newer builds (have tried r40-r43, they all show the same defects).

1. Svtplay folder doesnt show any programs at all. I can go thru the upper menus A-Z but inside theres nothing but an add to favorites folder.

2. The woman im living with wanted to watch project runway sverige (TV3play), this doesnt seem to work, it starts and then stops after a second, not even getting a picture, just black screen, i see the play button in the corner, then after a second it changes to pause and nothing happens after this.

I can watch several other programs from TV3 but not project runway sverige. I also tried URplay and that works fine. i havent seen any posts about this on the forum but if i missed one about this, im sorry for cluttering up the forums.

What version of SVTPlay are you using? SVT made a pretty big change soem tiem ago and the version in SHB are outdated. As SHB have fallen a sleep (but been replaced) so you should get a new SVTPlay (+ possible a new version of Channels).
Last edited by chocolateboy on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please keep posts on-topic
SharkHunter

Postby mattley » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:15 pm

I have no idea what version i got for SVTplay, can i check that somewhere?

Im currently running build 43.

I used the installation instructions from this page. https://github.com/SharkHunter/Channel/ ... stallation

Also im not sure PMSencoder in included, dont really know what it is so i have no way of telling if its installed, i read somewhere it was preinstalled in the later builds tho.
Step 2 talks about plugins.jar, but the link shows 30+ compressed files, im not sure which ones or all to use. I tried downloading channels but them extracted into another folder and im not sure if i should put the whole folder under plugins or the folders and files inside, its all very confusing.
Step 5 says : •Set the RTMPDump path to where you put RTMPDump (=c:\rtmpdump.exe for example).
But there is no RTMdump path under the channels tab so im not sure what to do there.
mattley

Postby SharkHunter » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:19 am

mattley wrote:I have no idea what version i got for SVTplay, can i check that somewhere?

Im currently running build 43.

I used the installation instructions from this page. https://github.com/SharkHunter/Channel/ ... stallation

Also im not sure PMSencoder in included, dont really know what it is so i have no way of telling if its installed, i read somewhere it was preinstalled in the later builds tho.
Step 2 talks about plugins.jar, but the link shows 30+ compressed files, im not sure which ones or all to use. I tried downloading channels but them extracted into another folder and im not sure if i should put the whole folder under plugins or the folders and files inside, its all very confusing.
Step 5 says : •Set the RTMPDump path to where you put RTMPDump (=c:\rtmpdump.exe for example).
But there is no RTMdump path under the channels tab so im not sure what to do there.

If you check in the traces tab you would find an entry of sort "....svt.ch version xxx"
The current version is 0.58. And SHB43 is most likely very old. The installation procdure might be outdated.
Last edited by chocolateboy on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please keep posts on-topic
SharkHunter

Postby mattley » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:59 pm

INFO 2012-10-29 16:58:57.376 [main] parsing channel file C:\Program Files (x86)\PS3 Media Server-SHB\extras\channels\svt.ch version 0.35

I reckon im running a very old one, how do i update this file?
mattley

Postby 5up3rm4n » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:05 pm

Hello everybody,

Sorry if this question has already found a solution but it has been a week now since I tried to solve my problem:

I'm on Mac, installed channel and PMSencoder plugin. When I try to go on MyP2P channel on my PS3, here is the message that I have in PMS:

Code: Select all
ERROR 2012-11-19 17:56:51.889 [/Applications/SopCast.app] Fatal error in process starting:
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/Applications/SopCast.app": error=13, Permission denied
   at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:460) ~[na:1.6.0_37]
   at com.chocolatey.pmsencoder.PMSEncoderProcessWrapper.run(PMSEncoderProcessWrapper.java:89) ~[na:na]
Caused by: java.io.IOException: error=13, Permission denied
   at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method) ~[na:1.6.0_37]
   at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:53) ~[na:1.6.0_37]
   at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:91) ~[na:1.6.0_37]
   at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:453) ~[na:1.6.0_37]

I verifed,my sopcast path is right. Am I missing somethin in another thing? Where am I wrong?

Thanks for your attention and respond!
Last edited by Raptor399 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for code fragments
5up3rm4n

Postby Raptor399 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:36 am

The path is right indeed, but do you have permission to run the app?

MacOS is very strict in what it allows to run since the last updates. If you shift-click (or command-click or option-click, I forgot ;-)) the icon, then select "open", you can open the app regardless of the strict settings and MacOS will remember it.
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby 5up3rm4n » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:56 pm

Hey raptor399,

First i would really like to thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, I tried what you advised me and it still doesn't work. I opened the program by unlocking it, allows all permissions,... still this respond on my PMS:

ERROR 2012-11-20 22:44:46.996 [/Applications/SopCast.app] Fatal error in process starting:
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/Applications/SopCast.app": error=13, Permission denied
   at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:460) ~[na:1.6.0_37]
   at com.chocolatey.pmsencoder.PMSEncoderProcessWrapper.run(PMSEncoderProcessWrapper.java:89) ~[na:na]
Caused by: java.io.IOException: error=13, Permission denied
   at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method) ~[na:1.6.0_37]
   at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:53) ~[na:1.6.0_37]
   at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:91) ~[na:1.6.0_37]
   at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:453) ~[na:1.6.0_37]
   ... 1 common frames omitted
ERROR 2012-11-20 22:45:07.185 [Request Handler] There is no inputstream to return for 1600 Kbps [PMSEncoder]

Maybe this could help you, and me: when I start some other channel, I have " Lecture impossible (800288E1)" on my TV screen...
Last edited by Raptor399 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for code fragments
5up3rm4n

Postby Raptor399 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:23 am

Try opening a Terminal and entering the following command:

ls -l /Applications

See if there is a difference between the "SopCast.app" directory and the other directories.
Of particular interest are the "drwxr-xr-x" flags printed in front of the names.

If SopCast.app is different, you can change its flags with this command:
sudo chmod a+rx /Applications/SopCast.app

Another thing that might be it is that "/Applications/SopCast.app" is a directory, not an executable.
Explore the directory with "ls -l" and see if you can find the true executable file in there. I don't know the application, so I can't help you there, sorry.
When you have its path, configure that in PMSEncoder.
Raptor399
Project Member

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins