PMS plugin for XBMC [updated 2012-06-20]

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: PMS plugin for XBMC [updated 2012-06-20]

Postby Andy3105 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:23 pm

Yeah I realized that and found it but now when I select ps3mediaserver on my WDTV Live it says there's no media in there?
Andy3105

Postby Andy3105 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:16 am

Was running latest PS3MS build and rollled back to version 1.5 and it's working, no idea why but thanks.
Andy3105

Postby fstof » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:26 am

Andy3105 wrote:Was running latest PS3MS build and rollled back to version 1.5 and it's working, no idea why but thanks.

Great stuff

I haven't worked on it with the latest version of PMS or XBMC, so It might be that something unexpected changed in one of the 2 :-)
fstof

Postby piyush76 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:03 am

Hello,
I have installed PSM server on ubuntu 12.0 and installed the pms-xbmc plugin with sqlite. I have added the path to the db file which is
pmsxbmc.db.video =/home/piyush/.xbmc/userdata/Database/MyVideos60.db
When I go the PS3 I can see the XMBC video into the PSM server but when I go to the movies dir there are no titles. Can I stream the movies like I do with xmbc add on like icefilms or some other add on's. Also it give me this error on the PSM console.

Please let me know if I am missing anything. I have msql-connector jar too into plugin directory but I have not installed the MySql on my ubuntu box. I have Sqlite installed on my box.

Code: Select all
ERROR 2012-11-10 00:30:01.215 [New I/O server worker #1-3] <XBMCLog_ERROR>
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Cannot load connection class because of underlying exception: 'java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "null"'.
   at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_07]
   at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57) ~[na:1.7.0_07]
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) ~[na:1.7.0_07]
   at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:525) ~[na:1.7.0_07]
   at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:411) ~[mysql-connector-java-5.1.18-bin.jar:na]
   at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:386) ~[mysql-connector-java-5.1.18-bin.jar:na]
   at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1013) ~[mysql-connector-java-5.1.18-bin.jar:na]
   at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:987) ~[mysql-connector-java-5.1.18-bin.jar:na]
   at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:982) ~[mysql-connector-java-5.1.18-bin.jar:na]
   at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:927) ~[mysql-connector-java-5.1.18-bin.jar:na]
   at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:314) ~[mysql-connector-java-5.1.18-bin.jar:na]
   at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:579) ~[na:1.7.0_07]
   at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:221) ~[na:1.7.0_07]
   at net.pms.external.xbmc.XBMCDAO.connectMySQL(XBMCDAO.java:45) [pms-xbmc-20120620.jar:na]
   at net.pms.external.xbmc.XBMCDAO.connect(XBMCDAO.java:32) [pms-xbmc-20120620.jar:na]
   at net.pms.external.xbmc.MovieDAO.getInitials(MovieDAO.java:25) [pms-xbmc-20120620.jar:na]
   at net.pms.external.xbmc.folders.video.movie.MovieTitleFolder.discoverChildren(MovieTitleFolder.java:26) [pms-xbmc-20120620.jar:na]
   at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.discoverWithRenderer(DLNAResource.java:731) [pms.jar:na]
   at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.getDLNAResources(DLNAResource.java:676) [pms.jar:na]
   at net.pms.network.RequestV2.answer(RequestV2.java:628) [pms.jar:na]
   at net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2.writeResponse(RequestHandlerV2.java:301) [pms.jar:na]
   at net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2.messageReceived(RequestHandlerV2.java:256) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.SimpleChannelUpstreamHandler.handleUpstream(SimpleChannelUpstreamHandler.java:80) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:564) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$DefaultChannelHandlerContext.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:783) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.handler.stream.ChunkedWriteHandler.handleUpstream(ChunkedWriteHandler.java:149) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:564) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$DefaultChannelHandlerContext.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:783) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.http.HttpChunkAggregator.messageReceived(HttpChunkAggregator.java:116) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.SimpleChannelUpstreamHandler.handleUpstream(SimpleChannelUpstreamHandler.java:80) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:302) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.unfoldAndFireMessageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:527) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.callDecode(ReplayingDecoder.java:506) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.messageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:443) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:559) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:274) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:261) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.read(NioWorker.java:351) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.processSelectedKeys(NioWorker.java:282) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.run(NioWorker.java:202) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.util.ThreadRenamingRunnable.run(ThreadRenamingRunnable.java:108) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.util.internal.DeadLockProofWorker$1.run(DeadLockProofWorker.java:44) [pms.jar:na]
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110) [na:1.7.0_07]
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603) [na:1.7.0_07]
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) [na:1.7.0_07]
Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "null"
   at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65) ~[na:1.7.0_07]
   at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:492) ~[na:1.7.0_07]
   at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:527) ~[na:1.7.0_07]
   at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.port(NonRegisteringDriver.java:831) ~[mysql-connector-java-5.1.18-bin.jar:na]
   at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:305) ~[mysql-connector-java-5.1.18-bin.jar:na]
   ... 38 common frames omitted
Last edited by Raptor399 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for code fragments
piyush76

Postby fstof » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:35 am

make sure pmsxbmc.db.video in the PMS config is set up correctly, no spaces or anything.

also check it in the config editor within PMS to make double sure.

the problem is it doesn't find your SQLite config setting, and thus reverting to MySQL
fstof

Postby piyush76 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:56 am

Thanks. That fixed the issue, Now I can configure the MyVideos60.db with Sqlite. I started the PMS and started the xbmc. I can see the xbmc as detected media renderer in PMS but when I start traverse to xbmc movie or TV directory from my PS3 I dont see any contents there. Are there any steps need to be taken to add the movies to PS3 ? Any guide or help will be appropriated. Can we see the xbmc add on in PS3 like icefilms or any live TV. Please let me know
Thanks
piyush76

Postby nightblade » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:05 pm

Hello,first of all thanks for the hard work on this plugin!
I'm using windows 7 x64, xbmc 11 eden and PMS 1.72.0. I properly set the SQLite databases in configuration of your plugin and they're not empty I already checked. I get error DLNA 2114 on the PS3 when I get into PMS Plug folder.
I can't understand what might be the problem.
I get this in the log of PMS:

INFO  2012-11-20 19:48:26.115 [New I/O server worker #4-1] <XBMCLog> - discovering movie initials
ERROR 2012-11-20 19:48:26.119 [New I/O server worker #4-1] <XBMCLog_ERROR>
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.sqlite.JDBC
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_09]
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_09]
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_09]
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_09]
   at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_09]
   at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_09]
   at net.pms.external.xbmc.XBMCDAO.connectSQLite(XBMCDAO.java:53) [pms-xbmc-20120620.jar:na]
   at net.pms.external.xbmc.XBMCDAO.connect(XBMCDAO.java:36) [pms-xbmc-20120620.jar:na]
   at net.pms.external.xbmc.MovieDAO.getInitials(MovieDAO.java:25) [pms-xbmc-20120620.jar:na]
   at net.pms.external.xbmc.folders.video.movie.MovieTitleFolder.discoverChildren(MovieTitleFolder.java:26) [pms-xbmc-20120620.jar:na]
   at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.discoverWithRenderer(DLNAResource.java:732) [pms.jar:na]
   at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.getDLNAResources(DLNAResource.java:677) [pms.jar:na]
   at net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2.writeResponse(RequestHandlerV2.java:301) [pms.jar:na]
   at net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2.messageReceived(RequestHandlerV2.java:256) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.handler.stream.ChunkedWriteHandler.handleUpstream(ChunkedWriteHandler.java:149) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.http.HttpChunkAggregator.messageReceived(HttpChunkAggregator.java:116) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:302) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.unfoldAndFireMessageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:527) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.callDecode(ReplayingDecoder.java:506) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.messageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:443) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:559) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:274) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:261) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.read(NioWorker.java:351) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.processSelectedKeys(NioWorker.java:282) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.run(NioWorker.java:202) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.util.ThreadRenamingRunnable.run(ThreadRenamingRunnable.java:108) [pms.jar:na]
   at org.jboss.netty.util.internal.DeadLockProofWorker$1.run(DeadLockProofWorker.java:44) [pms.jar:na]
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_09]
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_09]
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_09]
ERROR 2012-11-20 19:48:26.122 [New I/O server worker #4-1] <XBMCLog_ERROR>
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.sqlite.JDBC
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_09]
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_09]
   at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_09]
   at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_09]
   at net.pms.external.xbmc.XBMCDAO.connectSQLite(XBMCDAO.java:53) [pms-xbmc-20120620.jar:na]
   at net.pms.external.xbmc.XBMCDAO.connect(XBMCDAO.java:36) [pms-xbmc-20120620.jar:na]
   at net.pms.external.xbmc.XBMCDAO.getConnection(XBMCDAO.java:78) [pms-xbmc-20120620.jar:na]
   at net.pms.external.xbmc.MovieDAO.getInitials(MovieDAO.java:27) [pms-xbmc-20120620.jar:na]
   at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.discoverWithRenderer(DLNAResource.java:732) [pms.jar:na]
   at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.getDLNAResources(DLNAResource.java:677) [pms.jar:na]
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_09]
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_09]
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_09]
Last edited by chocolateboy on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reformatted: please read the FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/4294qo2
nightblade

Postby fstof » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:10 pm

nightblade wrote:I get this in the log of PMS

looks like you dont have the SQLite JDBC driver. Its on the download page. Just pop it into the plugins folder next to the actual plugin
fstof

Postby nightblade » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:33 pm

Ok thanks, now I really feel blind and dumb, sorry to bother and for wrong format :oops: - :?
nightblade

Postby syd3n » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:42 am

I am using the latest version of PMS: PS3 Media Server 1.72.0
And have pointed to my MyVideos34.db file using: sqlitejdbc-v056.jar

But when I browse to the PMS folder using my xbox 360, it shows 0 items, and the Traces tab shows the following error info:

INFO  2012-12-13 07:41:41.372 [New I/O server worker #4-2] <XBMCLog> - discovering movie years
ERROR 2012-12-13 07:41:41.372 [New I/O server worker #4-2] <XBMCLog_ERROR>
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200) ~[na:1.6.0_04]
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[na:1.6.0_04]
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188) ~[na:1.6.0_04]
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306) ~[na:1.6.0_04]
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251) ~[na:1.6.0_04]
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319) ~[na:1.6.0_04]
   at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[na:1.6.0_04]
   at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:169) ~[na:1.6.0_04]
   at net.pms.external.xbmc.XBMCDAO.connectMySQL(XBMCDAO.java:42) [pms-xbmc-20120620.jar:na]
   at net.pms.external.xbmc.XBMCDAO.connect(XBMCDAO.java:32) [pms-xbmc-20120620.jar:na]
   at net.pms.external.xbmc.MovieDAO.getYears(MovieDAO.java:272) [pms-xbmc-20120620.jar:na]
   at net.pms.external.xbmc.folders.video.movie.MovieYearFolder.discoverChildren(MovieYearFolder.java:26) [pms-xbmc-20120620.jar:na]
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885) [na:1.6.0_04]
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907) [na:1.6.0_04]
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) [na:1.6.0_04]
ERROR 2012-12-13 07:41:41.388 [New I/O server worker #4-2] <XBMCLog_ERROR>
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200) ~[na:1.6.0_04]
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[na:1.6.0_04]
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188) ~[na:1.6.0_04]
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306) ~[na:1.6.0_04]
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251) ~[na:1.6.0_04]
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319) ~[na:1.6.0_04]
   at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[na:1.6.0_04]
   at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:169) ~[na:1.6.0_04]
   at net.pms.external.xbmc.XBMCDAO.connectMySQL(XBMCDAO.java:42) [pms-xbmc-20120620.jar:na]
   at net.pms.external.xbmc.XBMCDAO.getConnection(XBMCDAO.java:78) [pms-xbmc-20120620.jar:na]
   at net.pms.external.xbmc.MovieDAO.getYears(MovieDAO.java:274) [pms-xbmc-20120620.jar:na]
   at net.pms.external.xbmc.folders.video.movie.MovieYearFolder.discoverChildren(MovieYearFolder.java:26) [pms-xbmc-20120620.jar:na]
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885) [na:1.6.0_04]
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907) [na:1.6.0_04]
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) [na:1.6.0_04]

Any suggestions? I looked through the past posts in this forum and tried to apply any of the recommended fixes but I am not able to resolve the issue.
syd3n

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins