A/V sync issue with AC-3 audio tracks

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

A/V sync issue with AC-3 audio tracks

Postby Gatherum » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:20 pm

Okay. I am at my wits end over this. Seriously stumped.

I am trying to use PMS to stream a a DVD rip (via DVDFab) of an episode of a TV series that has three audio tracks (English Dolby Digital 5.1, Japanese Dolby Digital 5.1, and English DTS 5.1) and one English subtitle track. However, when choosing any option involving the AC-3 audio tracks via the #TRANSCODE# folder, the video is way out of sync, playing about 1.5 to 2 times faster than the audio. I have tried re-ripping said DVD, tried every combination of ticking/unticking "A/V sync alternative method," "Force framerate parsed from FFmpeg," and "Force FPS parsed from FFmpeg in the meta file" fields in MEncoder/TsMuxer, unticking the "Use ASS/SSA subtitle styling" field, depopulating the "Subtitle language priority" field, changing the "AC-3 re-encoding audio bitrate" field, and probably a few other things that I am forgetting. Nothing is working. So far, it is JUST this particular DVD. It should be noted that every other DVD that I have ripped has not presented this issue, nor has this one had a problem when the English DTS track is selected, with or without subtitles. It's extremely annoying.

I'll also note that I am using DVDFab to remove the DVD menus and only ripping chapters 1-6 of the main title (basically, all of episode 1, which is part of a larger title with about 26 or so chapters).

Furthermore, subtitles sometimes appear even when they are not selected as an option, despite what its says in the #TRANSCODE# folder.

I have attached both the "Traces" and "Debug" logs for PMS startup, playback of the file(s) in question (Japanese, English subs), and subsequent cease of playback. I notice that it's changing the framerate in there, but I don't know how to force it to prevent this.

I have also searched for other reports of similar issue(s) and found nothing except the steps already indicated above. Does anybody know how to fix this?
Attachments
PMS A&V Sync Error.zip
(8.63 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
Last edited by Gatherum on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gatherum

Re: A/V sync issue with AC-3 audio tracks

Postby Gatherum » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:14 am

It appears that I neglected to post some information. Attached is a text file with my computer specs (the Summary at the top contains the relevant information, I think), as well as MediaInfo specs.

I am attempting to stream via directly connected Playstation 3 (wired) with PS3 Media Server v1.71.
Engine priority is as follows: MEncoder > tsMuxeR > FFmpeg
Output media information as it appears on the PS3:
[MEncoder] {Audio: AC3/Japanese} {Sub: Generic/English }* Dolby Digital 5.1 Ch. MPEG-2
Attachments
Computer & MediaInfo Specs.zip
(25.82 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
Last edited by Gatherum on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gatherum

Postby Gatherum » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:33 am

I just rolled back to v1.54 and now everything seems to be working. I'm still getting scant subtitle issues where subs appear despite any selection to the contrary, but at least the A/V sync issues are gone.

I'm guessing, perhaps, there is an issue with PMS 1.72? I don't know.
Gatherum

Postby Gatherum » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:04 am

No idea(s)?
Gatherum

Return to General Help and Support