Sony BDP-S390 Not Detected

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Sony BDP-S390 Not Detected

Postby LokiDucks » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:12 am

Hi All,

This is a weird and annoying problem. When I first got my S390, I had no problems with it being detected by PMS without even having to configure anything. Somewhere down the line, suddenly PMS doesn't detect the player, I can't see it on my network, and the player doesn't see my server.

I am able to connect to the WiFi through the blu ray player, so I know it has access to the network. It's just weird that it's not showing up anywhere.

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. I searched but didn't find any information that I could use.

Thanks!
LokiDucks

Re: Sony BDP-S390 Not Detected

Postby meskibob » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:17 am

Follow the FAQ - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=20#p34933
Try giving your router a reboot.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: Sony BDP-S390 Not Detected

Postby LokiDucks » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:50 pm

Hi meskibob,

Thanks for pointing me to the FAQ, though I did read and evaluate all those options last night. I just tried it all again with a more level head. Still no go.

I disabled my Symantec Endpoint Protection (which had given me issues with homegroup in the past) but it didn't help this time.
I have Verizon Fios with the Actiontec MI424WR router. I accessed the router's options and disabled the firewall there as well.
Reset the router.
Rebooted the router.

All no-go.

I know the Blu Ray player is on 192.168.1.2. When i run the network diagnostic it says "Cannot find server. IP Address: ---.---.---.---". But, as i said previously, the player DOES have the ability to access the internet, as I can use services like Amazon Streaming Video.

Very frustrating.
LokiDucks

Return to Alternative Media Renderers