Turning Off Subtitles (I'm a noob)

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Turning Off Subtitles (I'm a noob)

Postby SlyG07 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:10 pm

Hey Guys,

So after doing research, I realized that PS3 Media Server would be best for my Xbox360 and clearly my PS3. I've done the basic set up, downloaded VLC, and downloaded AVIsynth since I wanted everything on the general tab to have a check. The only one that's not checked is the AVIsynth/ffmpeg part (I really don't know what this means).

In any case, I've gotten the program to actually stream my videos from my desktop to my 360 through ethernet. Unfortunately, 1080p movies seem to have some jittery lagness that I can clearly see. On top of that, there are subtitles ingrained into the digital movies that I have. I've tried turning the subtitles button off in the general settings of PSM, but still no dice. I also tried to go into the menu options of the 360 while playing the movies, but whenever I click to turn subtitles off, it says "action not available." I don't have subtitle files to accompany the movies, just the movies itself and I still get these subtitles (sometimes even in another language).

Can anyone help me or give me a better guide to follow in how I should have this set up?

PC Specs -
Gigabyte EX58-UD4P
12GB RAM
120GB SSD (Operating System)
1TB 7200RPM (HDD, Storage of Movies & Files)
Windows 8
NVidia GeForce 250

Media Systems -
PS3 & Xbox 360

I have yet had time to try this program out on my PS3 as I don't use it as often and it didn't come to my mind.
SlyG07

Re: Turning Off Subtitles (I'm a noob)

Postby chocolateboy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:18 pm

chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby SlyG07 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:52 pm

Wow, I'm slow. Thanks for the clarification. What is everyone doing in the meantime? Just jumping back to previous versions/builds like 1.70.1?
SlyG07

Postby chocolateboy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:02 pm

SlyG07 wrote:What is everyone doing in the meantime?

They're reading the answer I gave in the second link.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Return to General Help and Support