Just upgraded to 1.71 problems

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Just upgraded to 1.71 problems

Postby hottarod » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:13 pm

When I try and play flash videos(flv) on the PS3 they are the tsmuxer versions from transcode and they won't play. The mmplayer and ffmpeg versions in transmux play fine. I tried re-arranging the orfer of video codec's in media server but it doesnt' do any good. I have good video icons if that makes a difference. Other video formats are supported ok.

System is a duocore running Linux 12.04 completely current on all updates, Ps3 media server 1.71.0 current, my PS3 is completely current as of this date, 11/12. FLV's played ok before this software update and I do not recall txmuxer being shown in the video file names so that appears to be new.

I was also having a problem with PS3 media server once I ended it. It would not re-start without a re-boot of the system. I did some de-installing and re-installing of a lot of software including ffmpeg, mplayer and PMS and somehow magically the problem went away.

When I go to the transcode folder I can play the mplayer and FFmpeg versions of the videos but the tsmuxer version will not play. I get a black screen. If I click on the video from the file folder I get a format or maybe it was content not supproted message.

My impression is that some corequisite utilities or support modules are back rev'd and the ps3 media player install did not correct these.
hottarod

Re: Just upgraded to 1.71 problems

Postby hottarod » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:38 pm

I re-ordered the renderers and the same problem with txmuxer happens with mencoder and ffmpeg. The published directory with the attached icon to play the video does not play in all cases including the one that is in the transcode folder but the ffmpeg and mencoder versions in transcode play ok.
hottarod

Postby hottarod » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:40 pm

Apparently the re-loading of libraries did something but ps3 media player still hangs on subsequent starts after the first restart.
hottarod

Postby aserbian » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:55 pm

Yes I have linux mint maya and reinstall 3 times, with same result flv videos don t show. Some errors: The file 0113616.flv was badly parsed, There is no inputstream to return for 0169179.flv [tsMuxeR].

What happen with this version?
aserbian

Return to Linux/Unix Support