Looks like MEncoder somehow does not like to transcode the movie.
You could try running the following transcoding command in a Command Prompt and see what MEncoder has to say:
- Code: Select all
"C:\Program Files\PS3 Media Server\win32\mencoder.exe" -ss 0 "X:\Anime\Sword Art Online\[Hatsuyuki]_Sword_Art_Online_-_05_[8bit][1280x720][BD6E6515].mkv" -msglevel statusline=2 -oac lavc -of mpeg -mpegopts format=mpeg2:muxrate=500000:vbuf_size=1194:abuf_size=64 -ovc lavc -channels 6 -lavdopts debug=0:threads=2 -lavcopts autoaspect=1:vcodec=mpeg2video:acodec=ac3:abitrate=448:threads=2:keyint=5:vqscale=1:vqmin=2:vrc_maxrate=11000:vrc_buf_size=1835 -ass -fontconfig -sid 0 -ofps 24000/1001 -lavdopts fast -mc 0 -noskip -af lavcresample=48000 -srate 48000 -o testmovie.mpg
The above command line ought to generate a file named "testmovie.mpg" in your current directory.
Does that happen, and can you view the testmovie.mpg?
Sorry, I forgot the computer I was running it on had 2 gigs of ram which doesn't appear to be enough, hence those messages.
I ran the command on that computer anyhow and it generated the mpeg file (kinda large) with those same errors. I was able
to load that file too.
I installed PMS on my other computer with more memory and the Samsung had the same behaviour, though (with no buffer error messages this time).
In fact, the streaming (no transcode) quits after about 3 minutes (I never let it run long enough before and noticed this now). I also have a panasonic
which doesn't have any issues with transcoding (or streaming). I've included a trace (debug) with 3 files below:
1. Samsung - no transcoding -> Shows video but fails/hangs after about 3 mins.
2. Samsung - transcoding -> hangs then fails after 1 min, never shows video.
3. Panasonic LED - Transcoding -> Works perfectly. I ran for almost 15 minutes without issues.
(Keep in mind the Panasonic likes to preview files as I scroll through the directory so you might see some transcoding messages for a few secs)
I ran it on the same file as before:
X:\Anime\Sword Art Online\[Hatsuyuki]_Sword_Art_Online_-_05_[8bit][1280x720][BD6E6515].mkv
One thing I noticed is on the samsung transcoding, there seemed to be a issue establishing a link between the samsung and my PC as it keeps trying to transcode then stops and eventually quits.