PS3 Media Server Cover Generator Application

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: PS3 Media Server Cover Generator Application

Postby Bozster » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:25 pm

Hi guys.. been super busy with my other projects and startups but you were all right. Amazon changed their API and it required additional things and that's why the search wasn't working.

I updated the app now so now it work again.

I also improved the smoothing on the bitmaps when they are resized so now some of the resized imagery used for the cover won't be a bit rough when resized and it will look really smooth.
Bozster

Postby jdknight » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:09 am

Thank you!
jdknight

Postby Edco » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:13 am

MANY THANKS Bozster!!
Edco

Postby Redbullsnation » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:35 pm

Will this work for Xbox360s??
Redbullsnation

Postby fjordmanak » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:33 pm

Just starting my HTPC project and having a bit of trouble with this application in my current file structure...which may be the problem. But need a little help.
I am using ANY DVD and Clone DVD to do my backs ups to hard drive. They output to a (ISO) VIDEO_TS structure. I place the VIDEO_TS movie into a Folder with the movie name. So I have a structure like this
Folder(movie name)/VIDEO_TS
I don't want to convert all my movies. I am a simpleton-- so wondering if I can use this app with the Folder\ VIDEO_TS structure I have--- and if so where and what extensions should i be using. Thanks for any help would love to use this app
fjordmanak

Postby Dregun » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:48 am

Not sure if they have the options to or not but if you can rip the movies into one large file instead of multiple 1gb chunks all you would need to do is rename the vob to mpg and stream it that way; its what I do. (if you're only backing up the main movie that is)

If you're unable to set the preferences to do this you can spend another 2-3 minutes to reconvert it with Dvd Shrink. Rip your movie, open DVD shrink, choose "open File" and then perform a backup of that into 1 large VOB.
Dregun

Postby 6th » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:54 am

This is great !
6th

Postby NZPirate » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:11 am

Thanks! This is great, took me a little over 2 weeks off and on but I finally generated covers for over 2000 movies I have in my collection. Anyways thanks again... ;)

Regards
NZPirate

Postby laenglish » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:37 am

Hi Guys,

Not sure how much interest this is going to generate, but I am developing an ADOBE AIR application based upon the thumbnail generation website so that you can completely automate the thumbnail generation procedure..

WHY? Because I was getting fed up of having to search amazon, google etc to find an dvd cover, then having to resize it before saving.

Folder.jpg automatically gets downloaded automatically with Media Centre Master (not sure about PS3MS) and it it ALWAYS of the DVD image.

You simply run it from the command line, passing the input file, output location and video filename and it will automatically save it as videoname.cover.avi etc etc

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Its working for me, I generated 3000+ thumbnails in just over 30 seconds...

Interested??
laenglish

Postby Andy3105 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:13 am

laenglish wrote:Hi Guys,

Not sure how much interest this is going to generate, but I am developing an ADOBE AIR application based upon the thumbnail generation website so that you can completely automate the thumbnail generation procedure..

WHY? Because I was getting fed up of having to search amazon, google etc to find an dvd cover, then having to resize it before saving.

Folder.jpg automatically gets downloaded automatically with Media Centre Master (not sure about PS3MS) and it it ALWAYS of the DVD image.

You simply run it from the command line, passing the input file, output location and video filename and it will automatically save it as videoname.cover.avi etc etc

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Its working for me, I generated 3000+ thumbnails in just over 30 seconds...

Interested??

I have used both Ember and Thumbgen to generate the Covers and Metadata for my movies and tv shows which I then use with my EDTV Live but because of the nature of PS3MS it shows every single file in my folders so I was going to strip it all out and use this program to re-do my covers only and have a much simpler setup........

If your program can automate the second part of the procedure then I would definately be interested mate.
Andy3105

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins