UE40ES8000 (Samsung AllShare) and PS3mediaserver

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: UE40ES8000 (Samsung AllShare) and PS3mediaserver

Postby Raptor399 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:14 pm

troop wrote:For some reason some of the commits incorrectly show large diffs, the changes are ~50 lines total including HTTPv2

I think it's a problem with your line endings.
Did you follow the instructions at the bottom of README.md to configure git to deal properly with cross platform line endings?
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby MGSteve » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:36 am

I've got an UE55ES8000 TV and I've got a strange problem!

The PS3MS works fine over wifi (other than buffering issues), but if I connect it via the LAN port it doesn't list any content from the server - it says there are no files.

Has anyone seen this issue before and is it likely to be a TV or PS3MS issue (i'm inclined to think the former...)
MGSteve

Postby ginjaninjanick » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:14 pm

MGSteve wrote:I've got an UE55ES8000 TV and I've got a strange problem!

The PS3MS works fine over wifi (other than buffering issues), but if I connect it via the LAN port it doesn't list any content from the server - it says there are no files.

Has anyone seen this issue before and is it likely to be a TV or PS3MS issue (i'm inclined to think the former...)

I assume from your description that PMS is 'seen' on fixed cable.
Given that the DLNA service is working over wifi, then directory listings would be independant of the network connection method. So i would assume that there is some caching in the server or client which is confusion the client.
Might be worth reviewing the trace page in PMS to see if that helps troubleshoot....set wired.....reboot server / tv etc and start on fixed cable.

NB in case the tv cant even see pms, notice the network adapater choice on PMS config (as well as network adapater choice on tv).

gl
ginjaninjanick

Postby ginjaninjanick » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:17 pm

Glad i went for the ES7000 now :-)
ginjaninjanick

Postby zimo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:25 pm

Guys apologies but am a complete novice I have recently purchased a Samsung es7000 and am also getting the same issue of the tv not being able to talk to PS3MS although PS3MS is seeing the TV as a renderer.

I have seen there is a fix above but don't understand how to implement can someone please explain in laymans term which conf files need to be edited and where and what with? Notepad, word pad?
zimo

Postby slooff » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:33 am

Hi zimo. If you are using the latest version of PMS you dont need to do anything to get it working, for me the ES7000 is working perfectly with the exception of playing DVD ISO files. You may need to tweak the renderer conf file for the TV for some small optimisations though. There are some discussions in the forum on this topic.
opensuse 12.1, latest PMS build, mplayer/mencoder with static libraries, movieinfo, pmsencoder, edl plugin, PS3, XBOX, Samsung ES7000
slooff

Postby Eshreff » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:37 am

Hi guys,

i am an owner of UE40ES8000 and using PMS. With the latest update (1.72) it recognized the tv and as far as i see every movie runs smooth.

Besides i have few concerns:

1- On the remote controller play-stop-pause buttons work but fast forward and backwards buttons don't. Is that a common issue? or is it because of an option in the TV menu.

2-Does PMS use Mencoder for Samsung(also the tv has its own engine for decoding various formats.)? I ask this because Mencoder subtitle options do not work ( the subtitles work but you have to adjust the language/size options from the tv menu)

3- Is there a way to change the annoying question mark source icon from the tv sources? The windows media player has a logo itself, why shouldn't PMS? Is it related with TV firmware?

Thank you (=
Eshreff

Postby ginjaninjanick » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:16 pm

1. this is normal, use the seek option in tools menu...
2. not sure, but as above control from the tv tools menu seems good enough?
3. dont think so, the dlna server needs to define / serve this ps3ms doesnt.
ginjaninjanick

Postby Eshreff » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:48 pm

thank you for the answers.

Today i've come across a problem. 3d mkv's subtitles do not work (tried different movies). Actually in the allshare menu i can see extended subtitle tag is written at the end of the movie name, but there is no option in the tools menu for the subtitles.

I've done some research in the forum but only found a patch about mencoder which the tv does not use.

What should i do?
Eshreff

Postby jXales » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:21 pm

I have a UE558000 and have used it with PMS flawlessly in the past.

This last month i updated both the TV's firmware and PMS to the latest version. And since then i've been getting an annoying issue where the TV suddenly can't see the media server and have to restart the server and find where i was in the movie from scratch every time and this happens on average 5-6 times per movie.

Very annoying. Any ideas on how to fix? or what i can try.

The tv prompts with a Check your network connection. And disconnects and can't see the pms anymore until i restart pms and then it's fine
jXales

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers