PMS plugin for XBMC [updated 2012-06-20]

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: PMS plugin for XBMC [updated 2012-06-20]

Postby Andy3105 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:16 pm

Ok so 99% of what you guys are saying is gibberish to me as I am not a programmer or fluent in any type of code so I need to know in very simple terms if I have this right.......

I tried to set up the XBMC plugin but when I browsed for the video.db file I couldn't find it anywhere, there's a comment further up that states there is a problem using the plugin with EDEN builds which I currently have but if I am reading this right then the new Frodo builds rectify this......correct?

So if I update to FRODO where can I find the video.db file location...?
Andy3105

Postby fstof » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:03 pm

Andy3105 wrote:Ok so 99% of what you guys are saying is gibberish to me as I am not a programmer or fluent in any type of code so I need to know in very simple terms if I have this right.......

I tried to set up the XBMC plugin but when I browsed for the video.db file I couldn't find it anywhere, there's a comment further up that states there is a problem using the plugin with EDEN builds which I currently have but if I am reading this right then the new Frodo builds rectify this......correct?

Hey man,

The video file can be located by default at C:\Users\Andy\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database

also the issue with EDEN vs FRODO is a MySQL issue, the normal default XBMC setup uses SQLite, and you should be fine in that case
fstof

Postby Andy3105 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:26 pm

fstof wrote:
Andy3105 wrote:Ok so 99% of what you guys are saying is gibberish to me as I am not a programmer or fluent in any type of code so I need to know in very simple terms if I have this right.......

Hey man,

The video file can be located by default at C:\Users\Andy\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database

also the issue with EDEN vs FRODO is a MySQL issue, the normal default XBMC setup uses SQLite, and you should be fine in that case

Thanks mate, I'll have a go tonight, there's something else you might be able to help me with and that is artwork.....

I have used Thumbgen and Ember to generate moviesheets and covers etc but when I use PSM it shows every piece of artwork as a chooseable file, all I want is the cover for the actual MKV / MP4 files, can you help please....?
Andy3105

Postby fstof » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:37 pm

Andy3105 wrote:
Thanks mate, I'll have a go tonight, there's something else you might be able to help me with and that is artwork.....

I have used Thumbgen and Ember to generate moviesheets and covers etc but when I use PSM it shows every piece of artwork as a chooseable file, all I want is the cover for the actual MKV / MP4 files, can you help please....?

you talking about normal PMS behavior or the media served via my plugin?
fstof

Postby Andy3105 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:06 pm

I haven't set the plugin up yet so I guess it's just stock behaviour, happens on the PS3 too.....

It's like I can see every file and folder relating to a particular film or show when all I really want is the actual video file with the cover etc...
Andy3105

Postby fstof » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:11 pm

Andy3105 wrote:I haven't set the plugin up yet so I guess it's just stock behaviour, happens on the PS3 too.....

It's like I can see every file and folder relating to a particular film or show when all I really want is the actual video file with the cover etc...

Its PMS's job to serve the thumbnails for the media, and as far as I know it only takes like the the first frame from the video.
fstof

Postby Andy3105 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:16 pm

Oh ok, I guess what i'm trying to say is that I want my PSM to be as close to XBMC as possible.....

there's only one piece of artwork for the main folder but within it I can see everything, even the .tbn files etc will this plugin help with that?

If not, is it best for me to delete everything from each folder leaving just the MKV or MP4 and then use your plugin...?
Andy3105

Postby fstof » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Andy3105 wrote:Oh ok, I guess what i'm trying to say is that I want my PSM to be as close to XBMC as possible.....

there's only one piece of artwork for the main folder but within it I can see everything, even the .tbn files etc will this plugin help with that?

If not, is it best for me to delete everything from each folder leaving just the MKV or MP4 and then use your plugin...?

Look, when you add your media to XBMC, XBMC will scrape the meta data and all related info for the movie (including posters/fanart/etc) now the difference is that PMS just scans all media in a specified folder. whereas this plugin uses the media library that XBMC builds up, I try my best to make available every thing possible/usefull. Unfortunately I can not change core PMS or PS3 functionality.

Once you get it going you should get a better idea of what the plugin does
fstof

Postby Andy3105 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:32 pm

Ok great, one final thing is that the path C:\Users\Andy\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database is not present on my machine, I get as far as users and then that's it, there;s no appdata or anything else.....
Andy3105

Postby fstof » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:36 pm

Andy3105 wrote:Ok great, one final thing is that the path C:\Users\Andy\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database is not present on my machine, I get as far as users and then that's it, there;s no appdata or anything else.....

AppData is a hidden system folder, just type it in manually, or better yet change Windows folder settings to display hidden/system files and folders
fstof

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins