Just found this, looks nice, I have some questions

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Just found this, looks nice, I have some questions

Postby loki993 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:15 pm

Up until now Ive been using Windows Media Player for my streaming to the PS3. It does the job for the most part, but there are some issues. Most of which I can deal with.

First off, the most annoying, it doesnt auto refresh, and I cant figure out a way to force it, aside from closing WMP and waiting a couple minutes and opening it again, then it will reload the list with the new videos. Also every now and then the ps3 will randomly parental lock some videos, even though I have no parental locks on my PS3 or my computer.

Second are seemingly 720p videos I cant fast forward, rewind, pause or anything like that. I was looking for a solution to that and thats how I found this. Seems that may be an issue with the way the file is encoded? They play ok for the most part, but can be a bit choppy at times. Its not usually a big deal because I usually just use MP4s which honestly usually look just as good and are a lot smaller. Some things though not so much though and Id like to have the option to use the 720p for them.

Would this take care of the 720p video issue? Basically what would be nice wound be a lighter easier to use alternative to WMP, which this seems to be.
loki993

Re: Just found this, looks nice, I have some questions

Postby chocolateboy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:36 pm

Your best bet is to try it. If you have any questions about PMS, the FAQ is a good place to start e.g..

FAQ: How to refresh folders
FAQ: How to seek/navigate when viewing transcoded videos
chocolateboy
Project Member

Return to General Discussion