My first week with PMS and Philips TV

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

My first week with PMS and Philips TV

Postby 8666 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:09 pm

I have Philips 42PFL3507 TV.

It does not support subtitles over DLNA. The format/aspect ratio button does not have option for zoom (it works on analog TV but not on network/usb playback). So I found PS3 to be able to watch any movie format (I hate installing codecs) with hardcoded subtitles in different code-pages and but black borders to keep aspect ratio.

There are few things that I want to ask.

1. Is there an option to use different codec for transcoding except MPEG PS3? Will I get better quality? I tried watching Big Buck Bunnie and on USB playback it's perfect but when transcoded there are artifacts on the grass. I use keyint=1:vqscale=1:vqmin=2
I use 100MB LAN

2. There is an option like
enca:pl:cp1250 /* Eastern Europe (auto) */ in subtitles settings.
I need an option to auto select cp1250 or cp1251 (serbian or macedonian) depending on the subtitle. Is it possible. I need to change this setting all the time as I do not have all subtitles in macedonian but serbian are use usefull too.

It would be good if the movie is listed several times (as many subtitles are available) in the browser so i can select subtitle i want to use (like in all media players).

3. I tried MovieInfo Plugin, PMSEncoder and Custom Category Media library plugins but I do not see any changes.

Return to Alternative Media Renderers