Stuttering while streaming flac files over Wifi

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Stuttering while streaming flac files over Wifi

Postby pyrocyborg » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:58 am

Hi!

I am using PS3 media server for years, and I've always been able to get rid of my problems by switching on/off some options and adjusting settings according to my Ethernet/Wireless speed or my CPU. However, things are different now and I need help :lol:

First of all, I got to say that I'm streaming my files over Wifi, (my PS3 is hardwired to my router, but my PC isn't). I am able to stream mkv files without any problem, but what tickles my is that I'm unable to play my entire flac library without stuttering every 30 seconds or so (sometimes less, sometimes more).

I bought a new PC a month ago, and I think I was able to play flac files for a few weeks, but I can't remember, except that I'm sure that I was able to play flac files (and by the way, my PC is like 4 or 5 times stronger than my old one) ... I don't understand what changed: my wifi signal is the same (300 mbps; strong or very strong), but there is stuttering everytime now, making it unbearable.

I am using MPlayer audio, because I can't use FFmpeg (keep saying that my files are corrupted, it was the same with my old PC), so I don't know if it's the problem.

I know 720p transcoding might stutters on wifi, but there is no way flac files should...

Anyone know what my problem might be? Thanks!

PMS 1.70.1
i5-3450
8 Gb ram
Asus Xonar DG
Windows 8 (might be the problem, but no one is reporting this particular issue...)
pyrocyborg

Re: Stuttering while streaming flac files over Wifi

Postby chocolateboy » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:18 am

Every reported solution relating to stuttering is listed in the FAQ.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Return to General Help and Support