no renderers found

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

no renderers found

Postby brahmabull » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:54 am

OK, I hate asking for help and have used PMS for years, but I am stumped. PS3 Media Server suddenly stopped working.

Using Windows.

all the sudden no renderers found.

I have since installed Serviio and it works fine.

Leads me to believe it is not my router, PS3, PC, OS, etc...

I have reinstalled, rebooted, etc...

Ideas?
brahmabull

Re: no renderers found

Postby agathorn » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:06 pm

Are you using Windows 8? I am having the same problem. I had thought it was working on Windows 8 when I first installed it, but I could be imagining things. Now when I run it I get No Renders Found.
agathorn

Postby agathorn » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:15 pm

Ok I fixed my problem.

It seems that the way Windows 8 sets up network connection types if a bit more confusing than in Windows 7 (Not surprising since EVERYTHING in Windows 8 is more confusing).

When you first set up your internet connection on install, Windows ask if you want to "Enable Sharing" to which I had responded NO. Apparently Windows 8 takes that to mean you are on a PUBLIC network and enables all the extra safeguards like it did in 7/Vista. This makes things not work right.

The solution to my problem was to open Settings, Networks from the Metro Interface NOT the control panel. Right click on my network and Enable sharing.
agathorn

Postby brahmabull » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Sadly, Windows Vista. I really don't think it's a sharing issue as I am using Serviio(a different Media Server App) with no issues. Other than I don't like it as much as PMS.

I have went through the troubleshooting guides and I am stumped. . .
brahmabull

Postby meskibob » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:53 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support