Running psm.jar on efika mx arm

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Running psm.jar on efika mx arm

Postby bgatkinson » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:29 am

Hi,

First of all I'd like to apologise for this post as I basically I have next to no linux experience but decided to play with an efikamx box and try and get it to do a few tasks like sharing files, downloading torrents etc. so sorry if I'm asking stupid questions or should have read a certain sticky first or whatver.

After muddling my way though installing bodhi linux arm, getting my usb hd going and setting it up as a samba share I've got to the point of trying to find a media server that I like.

Long story short, I've got to the point where I unpacked https://ps3mediaserver.googlecode.com/f ... 1.70.0.tgz and am now able to run the psm.jar file, and I'm able to playback media successfully from my dlna media players. So it's kind of working. I'm getting a lot of errors when running sudo java -jar pms.jar, but as I said it seems to be working.... I'm not sure what of the messages I receive are errors and which are just information. I've copied the output below.
I'm pretty sure all I've done to get this going is:
apt-get install default-jre
apt-get install ffmpeg
apt-get install mencoder
apt-get install libzen0
and then unpacked and run the jar file as above ( currently just sitting on my external hd with my media).

Code: Select all
sudo java -jar pms.jar
00:58:43.419 [main] DEBUG o.a.c.c.ConfigurationUtils - ConfigurationUtils.locate(): base is null, name is /root/.config/PMS/PMS.conf
00:58:43.452 [main] DEBUG o.a.c.c.DefaultFileSystem - Could not locate file /root/.config/PMS/PMS.conf at null: no protocol: /root/.config/PMS/PMS.conf
00:58:43.455 [main] DEBUG o.a.c.c.ConfigurationUtils - Loading configuration from the absolute path /root/.config/PMS/PMS.conf
00:58:43.456 [main] DEBUG o.a.c.c.PropertiesConfiguration - Base path set to file:///root/.config/PMS/PMS.conf
00:58:43.553 [main] DEBUG o.a.c.c.PropertiesConfiguration - FileName set to PMS.conf
00:58:43.554 [main] DEBUG o.a.c.c.PropertiesConfiguration - Base path set to /root/.config/PMS
00:58:44,218 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.DefinePropertyAction - About to instantiate property definer of type [net.pms.logging.DebugLogPathDefiner]
00:58:44,228 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.DefinePropertyAction - Popping property definer for property named [debugLogPath] from the object stack
00:58:44,232 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderAction - About to instantiate appender of type [ch.qos.logback.core.ConsoleAppender]
00:58:44,233 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderAction - Naming appender as [STDOUT]
00:58:44,567 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderAction - About to instantiate appender of type [ch.qos.logback.core.FileAppender]
00:58:44,580 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderAction - Naming appender as [debug.log]
00:58:44,639 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.FileAppender[debug.log] - File property is set to [/media/tv/pms-1.70.0/debug.log]
00:58:44,649 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderAction - About to instantiate appender of type [ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender]
00:58:44,660 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderAction - Naming appender as [debug.log.10MB]
00:58:44,873 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.FixedWindowRollingPolicy@2bc3f5 - Will use zip compression
00:58:44,951 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender[debug.log.10MB] - Active log file name: /media/tv/pms-1.70.0/debug.log
00:58:44,951 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender[debug.log.10MB] - File property is set to [/media/tv/pms-1.70.0/debug.log]
00:58:44,952 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.classic.joran.action.RootLoggerAction - Setting level of ROOT logger to ALL
00:58:44,953 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderRefAction - Attaching appender named [STDOUT] to Logger[ROOT]
00:58:44,954 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderRefAction - Attaching appender named [debug.log] to Logger[ROOT]
00:58:44,954 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.classic.joran.action.ConfigurationAction - End of configuration.

WARN  2012-10-28 00:58:45.415 [main] Error loading libzen: /tmp/jna/jna9080598847394099791.tmp: /tmp/jna/jna9080598847394099791.tmp: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can anyone tell me if any of those messages are things I need to investigate further? Is there any thing else I should have done? Or can I start looking at getting it configured to work how I want to.
bgatkinson

Re: Running psm.jar on efika mx arm

Postby bgatkinson » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:12 am

Sorry, just removed a bunch of errors by fixing a typo in my /etc/hosts file, doesn't look as bad as I thought...

So it looks like it's pretty much just the libzen error that I'm getting now. Is that anything I need to worry about?
bgatkinson

Postby bgatkinson » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:50 am

So I noticed the PSM.sh script in the directory and have tried running that with sh PSM.sh, with from what I can tell is the same result as above, but presumable this is a preferable way to run the program... but whichever way it is run, it seems to be looking for the config file in .config/PMS in whatever user runs it (root or the other user I have, genesi).

I'm not sure how to specify what config file I want PMS to use? Or do I have to copy my config file into the /home/genesi/.config/pms/pms.conf? Most of the results I've found when googling all talk about configuring using the gui, which I'm not doing here.

Happy to read any other threads or documentation, I'm just not really sure where to look.

Cheers
bgatkinson

Postby chocolateboy » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:20 am

chocolateboy
Project Member

Return to Linux/Unix Support