Cant play .ts files on my philips pfl9604h/12

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Cant play .ts files on my philips pfl9604h/12

Postby leroy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:03 pm

hi fritschi,

I suggested to reset the program settings, by deleting the PMS.conf file.

I also suggested to deselect (NOT checked) only the next settings:

"Use LPCM for audio (no re-encode)"
"Keep AC-3 track (no re-encode, may cause inaudible dialog and A/V sync issues)"
"Remux DVD ISO video track (no re-encode)"
"Remux videos with tsMuxeR when possible instead of transcoding"
And disable the tsMuxeR engine.

I see you still uses this settings (they are checked), shown by your GUI configuration pics.

fritschi wrote:2MB/s is horrible ?????

Yes, 2 MBPs is definitely not enough for transcoding heavy video files like .ts

fritschi wrote:78MB/s is good (i think)

Yes, wired i had the same connection speed with the 32pfl9604h/12 with my setup.

fritschi wrote:so i have reduced maximum bandwith to 50MB/s (enough reserve) but all films stutter

I sugest to use the default setting: 110 Mb/s.
The maximum supported bit rate for transcoding (MEncoder) is limited by the config-file:
Code: Select all
# Tweaked maximum supported video bitrate with transcode to MPEGPSAC3:
MaxVideoBitrateMbps = 50
leroy

Postby fritschi » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:06 am

thanks for your help.

today i tryed wireless connection

i have once deleted the folder under "all users" and started new. I have set all settings like you sayed. But the first film again was a/v asynchron (> 3 sec ) !!! . Than i disabled the folowing setting (deselected)
"A/V synch alternative methode" and the film was synchron. But the second film stuttered a lot (every 1sec it hangs). than i set keyint=25:vqmax=8:vqmin=3 /* Low quality, low-end CPU or HD Wifi transcoding */ but even with this setting the film stutters a lot :-(

than i tryed the sane to files with tversity (on my philips pfl both servers are shown). the first film startet without problems and without synch-troubles. Than i started the second file and this file was also played without any stuttering and with good sound-synch. The temp file tversity makes has the following settings (mpeg1/2 720x404 !!! stereo 320kb/s 48000Hz). It look that tversity has no problems because the transcoded file has low resolution or because tversity recognize my philips as "vaio mr100u"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ next i try the same to filmes wired connection --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fritschi

Postby leroy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:44 am

hi fritschi,
fritschi wrote:The temp file tversity makes has the following settings (mpeg1/2 720x404 !!! stereo 320kb/s 48000Hz)

The same settings can be used with pms.

tversity: mpeg1/2
pms uses: MPEG-2 video, MPEG-PS container

tversity: 720x404
pms uses: The origional video-file resolution by default.

With MEncoder, the option "Use Video Scaler" can be used.
This option is located into the "Transcode Settings" tab > "Video Files Engines" > "MEncoder".
Here you can set the desired output resolution by setting the "Width" and "Height".
You can try the 720x404, but maybe using 720x576 is better.

I noticed the 32PFL9604H/12 does not support all resolutions with MPEG-2 (also used by MEncoder),
so for some files with an unsupported resolution, video scaling is needed.
By using lower resolutions also the bitrate decreases, wich is better with a wireless connection.

tversity: stereo 320kb/s
pms uses: AC-3 audio 640kb/s by default

The audio bitrate can set by the option "AC-# re-encoding audio bitrate .."
This option is located into the "Transcode Settings" tab > "Common transcode settings".
Here you can try 320kb/s
leroy

Postby fritschi » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:30 pm

i have tryed video scaling (720x576 and 720x404) - no change at all ? video stutters a lot.

i think ther is something wrong with java - because of the dertroyed images ? or is this a known problem ?

*************************************************************************************************
from now on i test with wired connection - so speed is no problem at all: (78MB/s)
*************************************************************************************************
Once again i have deleted PMS.conf and loaded your PhilipsPFLxxx4 1.0.conf *new*. Than i have onyl changed the following three lines in your config
RendererName = Philips 9604H/12
TranscodeAudio = MP3
Supported = f:wmv v:vc1 w:960 h:540 a:wma n:2 s:48000 m:video/x-ms-wmv

than i startet the film and i starts without problems but after 1-2min stuttering begins. It looks 1920x1080 is to much for my philips :-(. So i enabled the original philips.conf again and restartet the server. With this config i get only stuttering sound and no video :-(
fritschi

Postby fritschi » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:09 pm

Next i try another renderer
Sony Bravia 4500 - nok (no playable files in the folder)
Sony Bravia 5500 - nok (no playable files in the folder)
Sony EX - nok (no playable files in the folder)
DirectTVHr - nok (starts but hangs after some sec)
Panasonic - nok (starts but no sound and no video)
Playstation 3 - nok -(shows no files in menu ?)
Samsung Allshare - nok (file can not be read or found)
Sony smp-n100 - nok (file con not be read or found)
wmp - nok - (ne readable files in folder)
xbox360 - nok - (file con not be read or found)
fritschi

Postby leroy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:01 pm

fritschi wrote:i think ther is something wrong with java - because of the dertroyed images ? or is this a known problem ?

Try a java / pms reinstall.

fritschi wrote:than i startet the film and i starts without problems but after 1-2min stuttering begins.

Maybe your debug.log provides useful info?
Also the "Text" output from MediaInfo for the used media files would be useful.
Post it into an .zip file so we can examine it.
http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=496#p2482
leroy

Postby fritschi » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:39 pm

i reinstall java-7 and psm.

my files http://members.aon.at/nschwaigh/psm/test.zip
fritschi

Postby fritschi » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:26 pm

i found that there was "java 7 update 9" and "java fx 1.2.2" ?? I have deinstalled both and only installed again "java 7". The missing display-parts stay. no idee what´s the problem.

The next i have replaced in philipsxxxx.conf (all other settings are original)
MaxVideoWidth = 1920 MaxVideoHeight = 1080 --> MaxVideoWidth = 1280 MaxVideoHeight = 720

Than i startet the file and i found that max, bitrate is 50Mb/s. Isn´t this to high ? Sometimes i get small stuttering
so i decided to reduce quality from keyint=5:vqscale=1:vqmin=2 /* Great quality */ ---> keyint=5:vqscale=2:vqmin=3 /* Good quality */ and the max.bitrate dropped to 34MB/s

The next thing i have to fix are sound/video missmatch by many films. sound is 1-2 earlier than video ?
fritschi

Postby fritschi » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:42 pm

Next try - i have disabled the following setting **audio/video synching (alternative methode)** and startet the film with the to fast sound (1-2sec before video) and it looks fine. I thought that would be the solution but than i startet the other film again and the film stuttered very much. Enabled alternative methode and this video ist fine again :-)

So it seams there is no general solution when i have files like
- mpeg 1/2 480x576, 50Hz, 4:2:0 YUV -- mpeg audio, stereo, 48000, 192 kb/s (this file needs disabled alternative synch methode) :( :(
- h264 - mpeg-4 avc 1920x1080, 50hz, 4:2:0 YUV -- A52 (aka AC3), 5.1, 48000 Hz, 384kb/s (this file needs enabled alternative synch methode) :( :(

It realy tricky (maybe not possible) to find a solution.

mfg
fritschi
fritschi

Postby leroy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:38 pm

This can be done with defining "Custom parameters" for MEncoder.
This option is located into the "Transcode Settings" tab > "Video Files Engines" > "MEncoder" > "Expert Setting: Codec-specific parameters"

Can you post the "Text" output from MediaInfo for the media file that needs disabled alternative synch methode?
leroy

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers