PMS plugin for XBMC [updated 2012-06-20]

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: PMS plugin for XBMC [updated 2012-06-20]

Postby LossAngeles » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:37 pm

fstof wrote:
tross wrote:
Hi
I'm having problems getting this to work. Using Windows 7 64 I have the plugin installed and pointing to C:\Users\Moz\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database\MyVideo60.db
On the PS3 I can see the new folder called PMS XBMC Plug but then when I go in to the Movies folder and for example Titles it says "no titles" and the PS3 displays this error message:

CODE: SELECT ALL
Media server error:
A DLNA Protocol Erroe (2114) has occured


The PS3 sees and plays all my media fine if I access it through the standard folders.

Any one able to help?


I'm having exactly the same issue, any ideas on how to fix it?


When you guys added the media to the XBMC library, how did you add it?
remember the files can only be read from a local drive. If you need files from elsewhere, you need to map that as a local drive. Then add the media from the local drive.


I'm not exactly sure how this plugin can work with the latest Eden release of XBMC when the data is on mySql. I could not set the 'content' on any local mapped drive when I moved the data off the local sqlLite DB and onto mySql. It was only when I used the smb://server/share convention that XBMC kept (saved) the content settings so that it could scan and catalog the files in the chosen directories.

If someone managed to set content to mapped drives on a local network using mySql as the back-end I'd sure love to know how they did it.
Thx,
-Greg
LossAngeles
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:24 pm

Re: PMS plugin for XBMC [updated 2012-06-20]

Postby fstof » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:53 am

LossAngeles wrote:
I'm not exactly sure how this plugin can work with the latest Eden release of XBMC when the data is on mySql. I could not set the 'content' on any local mapped drive when I moved the data off the local sqlLite DB and onto mySql. It was only when I used the smb://server/share convention that XBMC kept (saved) the content settings so that it could scan and catalog the files in the chosen directories.

If someone managed to set content to mapped drives on a local network using mySql as the back-end I'd sure love to know how they did it.
Thx,
-Greg


To be honest, I have not tried it with the latest XBMC (or PMS for that matter), but I don't think it makes much of a difference, I have only limited testing myself with MySQL, as I ran into the same problem as you. I think iv'e managed to add maybe 1 or 2 media files from local drive and have it propperly indexed.

Now PMS does not support the smb:// protocol for media files (not to my knowlage anyway). I have tried to implement it myself, but turned out to be a quite abit more work than I anticipated. I just don't have the time to do all that at at the moment.

If you are familiar with java, why not check out the code and have a go. We all might benefit from it :-)
fstof
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:17 am

Re: PMS plugin for XBMC [updated 2012-06-20]

Postby Moz » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:02 pm

fstof wrote:When you guys added the media to the XBMC library, how did you add it?
remember the files can only be read from a local drive. If you need files from elsewhere, you need to map that as a local drive. Then add the media from the local drive.

Yes all my media files are on a local drive.
Moz
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:01 pm

Re: PMS plugin for XBMC [updated 2012-06-20]

Postby fstof » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:33 pm

Moz wrote:
fstof wrote:When you guys added the media to the XBMC library, how did you add it?
remember the files can only be read from a local drive. If you need files from elsewhere, you need to map that as a local drive. Then add the media from the local drive.

Yes all my media files are on a local drive.


Please can you create an issue on the issue tracker and attach your MyVideo60.db file to it, I'll check it from my side then
fstof
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:17 am

Re: PMS plugin for XBMC [updated 2012-06-20]

Postby Moz » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:50 pm

fstof wrote:Please can you create an issue on the issue tracker and attach your MyVideo60.db file to it, I'll check it from my side then

Done :)
Moz
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:01 pm

Re: PMS plugin for XBMC [updated 2012-06-20]

Postby LossAngeles » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:25 pm

fstof wrote:
To be honest, I have not tried it with the latest XBMC (or PMS for that matter), but I don't think it makes much of a difference, I have only limited testing myself with MySQL, as I ran into the same problem as you. I think iv'e managed to add maybe 1 or 2 media files from local drive and have it propperly indexed.

Now PMS does not support the smb:// protocol for media files (not to my knowlage anyway). I have tried to implement it myself, but turned out to be a quite abit more work than I anticipated. I just don't have the time to do all that at at the moment.

If you are familiar with java, why not check out the code and have a go. We all might benefit from it :-)


I took a glance at the code base but am not fluent enough in java to take it on. What I might try to do is write a small sql job that replaces the smb:// references in the PATH table with local drive references and see how much XBMC likes or dislikes that.
Thx,
-G

Edit - Here is some info on the problem mySql has with Win32 path names ; so handling Win32 path names within mySql seems to be the trick.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/804
LossAngeles
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:24 pm

Re: PMS plugin for XBMC [updated 2012-06-20]

Postby LossAngeles » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:36 pm

Upon further research I found the win32 path issue is fixed in XBMC Frodo, which is now in alpha. I tested it on a mapped drive to a NAS device on the local network and it saved the content settings and scanned properly. The new path assignments are proper in mySQL =)

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/win32/
LossAngeles
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:24 pm

Re: PMS plugin for XBMC [updated 2012-06-20]

Postby fstof » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:30 am

LossAngeles wrote:Upon further research I found the win32 path issue is fixed in XBMC Frodo, which is now in alpha. I tested it on a mapped drive to a NAS device on the local network and it saved the content settings and scanned properly. The new path assignments are proper in mySQL =)

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/win32/


Fantastic!!!

Thanks for the update man
fstof
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:17 am

Re: PMS plugin for XBMC [updated 2012-06-20]

Postby fstof » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:31 am

Moz wrote:Done :)


please check the issue for updates
fstof
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:17 am

Re: PMS plugin for XBMC [updated 2012-06-20]

Postby LossAngeles » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:43 am

fstof wrote:
LossAngeles wrote:Upon further research I found the win32 path issue is fixed in XBMC Frodo, which is now in alpha. I tested it on a mapped drive to a NAS device on the local network and it saved the content settings and scanned properly. The new path assignments are proper in mySQL =)

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/win32/


Fantastic!!!

Thanks for the update man


Yes was great news and test results. Thanks again for a slick plug-in for PMS that brings that XBMC info over ! It's really quite nice =)
LossAngeles
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:24 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests