Going to do my part

Discuss issues related to PS3 Media Server development (only for programmers)

Going to do my part

Postby DevlshOne » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:22 pm

First of all, I would like to apologize to anyone involved with the development of PS3MS if any of my previous comments or posts have offended you. Since downloading and viewing a lot of the source {thank you for using Netbeans, makes everything so much easier}, I can see that there has been incredible effort in this project.
Secondly, I would like to to throw my name in the hat to help with some coding. Particularly, I would be interested in improving the GUI (some concise tooltips, for instance) and adding some intelligence into the self-tweaking aspect of PS3MS.

Thanks
Server: WHS 2011 - AMD Athlon 2.8GHz {Black Edition} - 4GB PC2-6400 - 7TB
Renderers: 2 PS3s {500GB SSHybridD}, 1 HT-RC360, 1 Excite10, 1 GSIII, 1 BDP-S280
Helping the PS3MS team with development and problem resolution
GO DAWGS!
DevlshOne

Re: Going to do my part

Postby meskibob » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:42 pm

While having pet issues is how most of the current devs gained interest in developing for this project (see PMSEncoder, pmsmlx, OSX build, Linux PPAs, etc), I'd recommend (and I think the devs would as well) also taking a look at the issue tracker and taking a stab at some of the issues there - http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver ... ort=-stars
Note that some of the older issues may no longer be applicable due to a significant number of changes since that version. Issues with more stars and recent activity would be the place to start.
But that's just my $0.02.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby DevlshOne » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:44 am

Sounds good. I will start there while doing some other work on the side. Does anyone have issues with using including some JAVAFx functions?
Renderers: 2 PS3s {500GB SSHybridD}, 1 HT-RC360, 1 Excite10, 1 GSIII, 1 BDP-S280
GO DAWGS!
DevlshOne

Postby chocolateboy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:50 am

DevlshOne wrote:Does anyone have issues with using including some JAVAFx functions?

For the installer: maybe. Otherwise: no thanks.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby DevlshOne » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:26 am

Ok, maybe I'm not going to be as much help as I originally thought. I've been a .NET (C++, VB) and PHP guy for a long time, not nearly as familiar with JAVA (and have only been looking at JavaFX for a few months) as I should be and I'm already having problems with the MAVEN/Git configuration.

After a little poking around, though, I've got a suggestion for a comment change... in PMSConfiguration.java, line 251

Code: Select all
Windows:             %PROGRAMDATA%\$build
GO DAWGS!
DevlshOne

Return to Developers