Have you any project to port PMS on Android?

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Have you any project to port PMS on Android?

Postby xgamer123 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:10 am

I love PMS for years on PC. I got Android tablet months ago with a big SD card. Just wondering when can use this great softwares on it as a DLNA server in house LAN?

Android OS base on Linux, isn't it? If you super guys can port it as Android app. It could be the best one on Google market!
xgamer123

Re: Have you any project to port PMS on Android?

Postby DevlshOne » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:47 am

Actually, Android OS is a development by Google - but, yes, Linux-based. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)

The Android SDK is open source and anyone is free to develop apps using it. The problem I see here is that with PS3MS begin a JAVA-based app, we'd be going (count them with me.. 1. Linux, 2. Android, 3. JAVA) THREE levels deep into processing power. If you're like me with a 2.8GHz machine that you thought just kicked BUTT two years ago and now feeling a little ill because transcoding a 1080p file DEVOURS every bit of that CPU, just think how distraught you'd be with a 1.2GHz dual-core Tegra trying to do the same. ACK!

Basically, you'd be talking about re-working PS3MS from scratchola on the AndroidOS and that's a pile of work!!!
Server: WHS 2011 - AMD Athlon 2.8GHz {Black Edition} - 4GB PC2-6400 - 7TB
Renderers: 2 PS3s {500GB SSHybridD}, 1 HT-RC360, 1 Excite10, 1 GSIII, 1 BDP-S280
Helping the PS3MS team with development and problem resolution
GO DAWGS!
DevlshOne

Return to Feature Suggestions