Help with stuttering and unsynchronized audio?

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Help with stuttering and unsynchronized audio?

Postby jwGary » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:19 am

Since going to college, I've been watching more and more videos on my laptop, but recently it's started to become a pain, so I decided to try PMS. Since I'm in an apartment here on campus, I can't connect both my laptop and PS3 to my router like I used to do at hoe (PS3 is in a different room and I can't run an Ethernet cable since it is waaaaay too far away. So, I have my MacBook connected to my router through the cable and the PS3 and PMS connect fine to each other, but when I view any of my videos, whether they be MKV or AVI, I get either full stop or stuttering, with some videos being completely out of audio sync. I looked at a lot of threads on how to try to remove the stuttering and tried other people's solutions, but nothing's worked. Can anyone help me try to get rid of the stuttering? I'm us isn't the original 60GB PS3 and an early 2009 MacBook Pro (before they incorporated the HDMI slot into the computers). I want to get this to work before I consider getting the HDMI adapter for my computer since it will be a pain to get as there aren't a lot of electronic stores near me

Thanks
jwGary

Re: Help with stuttering and unsynchronized audio?

Postby meskibob » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:54 am

FAQ - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=30#p42818
If at all possible, wire the PS3. It has a terrible wifi NIC.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby jwGary » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:15 am

I checked that already and I tried some of the solutions on there and nada. also, apparently, the version of PMS I have is newer and I can't find the speed that the streaming is at in the trace.... Wiring isn't possible for me since its just too far away. I live in an apartment and we have 2 floors, so the tv/ps3 and the router are on different levels. is there any other way?
jwGary

Postby meskibob » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:56 am

Unfortunately not using the PS3's wifi NIC. Again, the PS3's wifi NIC is terrible (not just regarding wireless-G throughput, but in all categories).
You could try powerline adapters so the wired NIC on the PS3 is wired to the router - http://www.newegg.com/Powerline-Network ... ory/ID-294
You could try a wireless ethernet bridge so the wired NIC on the PS3 gets piped through an external wifi NIC - http://www.newegg.com/Wireless-AP-Bridg ... ory/ID-335
You could also try a direct connection from the Mac to the PS3 (would save doing HDMI out or buying anything else) - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=32731#pms-pms_faq_connectivity_direct
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to Mac OS X Support