Swedish subtitles under Debian

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Swedish subtitles under Debian

Postby svanbergjo » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:08 pm

Hi there!

I have just installed PS3 Media Server on a virtual machine running Debian 6 and I have almost got everything to work, but I have one remaining issue. When I watching a movie with external subtitles on my PlayStation 3, the subtitles aren't properly showed/decoded, so some of the words containing Á instead of the expected letter. I have searched for this and the only thing I could find was adding this parameter to PMS.conf, but after reboot it still don't work.

Code: Select all
formencoder_subcp = cp1252

I need the server to know that I'm using swedish subtitles. The question is, how do I do that? Thanks in advance!
svanbergjo

Re: Swedish subtitles under Debian

Postby svanbergjo » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:32 pm

I have tried to do the trick with the export the LANG variable in of PMS.sh and configure/add the language (locale) to my system, but still problem to view the subtitles correctly.
svanbergjo

Postby svanbergjo » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:25 pm

I still have problems with this (http://d.pr/i/DgED). Is there anyone that can help me solve this?

I have tested to change the system locale to sv_SE.UTF-8 and I have checked if there is ability to set PS3 Media Servers language, but this doesn't work either. Please help.
svanbergjo

Postby svanbergjo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:09 pm

I solved this by adding

Code: Select all
mencoder_subcp = UTF-8

in PMS.conf. Hope this can be helpful for someone.
svanbergjo

Return to Linux/Unix Support