.srt do not show

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: .srt do not show

Postby chocolateboy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:46 pm

Try removing "nl" from Transcoding Settings -> MEncoder -> Subtitle Settings > Forced sub. Then save and restart.

Failing that, try the #-- TRANSCODE --# folder.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby niki3005 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:54 pm

Ok removed NL. And deleted the PMS.conf file.

Files are light grey and they won't play. In the Transcode folder only the [[no encoding] {external subtitles} file i can play. But with no subs.
niki3005

Postby chocolateboy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:04 pm

Another option is to try a snapshot build.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby niki3005 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:27 pm

I had no pms.jar file in /Applications/PS3 Media Server.app/Contents/

But I have tried to put there a pms.jar file in. Not working.
niki3005

Postby Jubi » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:25 pm

Hi,

I reproduce the issue on 1.60 and 1.70.1 on MBP early 2012 with MacOSX 10.8.2

I managed to get sub back by unticking ASS/SSA subtitle styling (emptying Audio / ST priority didn't work, clearing Forced sub field didn't work either). To be honnest, I haven't tried any combination of these settings, all I know is that styling off + the other 2 fields empty make it work)

I also tried to build 1.71 from sources, the build succeed but there is no DMG produced, and the App that is available doesn't work (it doesn't launch)

At the end of the build, there is an error in the XML app template, saying that $APP_PACKAGE is not a valid reference.
Someone here had the issue : viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14455 . I tried to chmod a+x the.app, it did't work either.

So I'm left with a workable solution, but I can't wait to have 1.71 (since I cannot build it myself)

Anyway, thanks for your efforts guys !
Jubi

Postby Raptor399 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:33 am

Jubi wrote:I also tried to build 1.71 from sources, the build succeed but there is no DMG produced, and the App that is available doesn't work (it doesn't launch)

At the end of the build, there is an error in the XML app template, saying that $APP_PACKAGE is not a valid reference.
Someone here had the issue : viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14455 . I tried to chmod a+x the.app, it did't work either.

The $APP_PACKAGE notice can be ignored, it stems from Maven trying to interpret the contents of the template in search for variables to replace. Maven complains about it, but should leave it in nevertheless.
Something else is probably preventing the creation of the DMG.

Is the .app directory "target/pms-1.71.0-SNAPSHOT-distribution/PS3 Media Server.app" directory created properly with contents?
Raptor399
Project Member

Previous

Return to Mac OS X Support