Data is corrupted - Only when playing .mp4

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Data is corrupted - Only when playing .mp4

Postby BWE » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:34 am

I have tried forcing it to transcode - the result is an out of sync/useless video.
I have tried remux with tsMuxeR also, it stays corrupt.

I also tried going back to 1.40 - no luck.

Tried updating mencoder (the ones within the ps3 media server folder) manually, no luck.

Updated my entire set of codecs for my PC - no luck.

What works? USB. Great.

Debug log & traces say nothing.

Help.
BWE

Re: Data is corrupted - Only when playing .mp4

Postby ouaouasd » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:32 pm

I'm seeing this pretty consistently as well. None of the MP4 files appear to be streaming for me at all anymore. They also don't play when manually placing them on the PS3, but have no problem on the computer itself. I've been using PS3MS for a solid 2+ years now, I don't consider myself much of a noob to altering settings, etc. However this recent rash of corrupt files has got me stumped.
ouaouasd

Postby BWE » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:54 am

I installed a different codec pack (cccp) and ffmpeg became an option under # transcode #. Playing a mp4 through that works.

How do I make it default?
BWE

Postby Raptor399 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:49 am

BWE wrote:I installed a different codec pack (cccp) and ffmpeg became an option under # transcode #. Playing a mp4 through that works.

How do I make it default?

Go to the "Transcoding Settings" tab, under "Video Files Engines" select "FFmpeg", then move it to the top of the list with the blue arrow at the bottom of the screen. Finally save the changed settings and restart the server.
Raptor399
Project Member

Return to General Help and Support