Anyone have v1.70 running on Ubuntu Server 12 yet?

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Anyone have v1.70 running on Ubuntu Server 12 yet?

Postby DailyDilemma » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:09 pm

I guess the repository isn't updated yet, anyone had any luck updating without it? Or maybe an update on when the repository will have the latest version?

I went to https://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/downloads/list to try and download the newest version manually but it says for Ubuntu/Debian check the forums. I didn't see anywhere on the forums I could download an Ubuntu specific version, just more references to the package provided by happy-neko.

As far as I know I have my PPA set up properly, at least when I go apt-get install ps3mediaserver it attempts an update but aborts because I already have the "latest version" 1.6.

So, anyone had any luck?
DailyDilemma

Re: Anyone have v1.70 running on Ubuntu Server 12 yet?

Postby Frussy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:26 am

I too am awaiting a version which can be downloaded from PPA, as I don't want to have to fight with searching/building dependencies manually.

Hopefully they get around to updating the PPA sometime soon, as it's been a couple of months since 1.7 came out and no sign of an update.
Frussy

Re: Anyone have v1.70 running on Ubuntu Server 12 yet?

Postby J.L.C. » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:39 pm

I had 1.70 and now 1.71 running on Ubuntu 12.04 and Fedora 16.

I've just been pulling from GIT and compiling with maven. Everything seems to be running pretty well.
J.L.C.

Return to Linux/Unix Support