I thought I would post a fix, as some others may be having the same issue I had.
Problem - FLAC Audio not working, or not working after upgrading.
Background - I was using PMS versions up to 1.50.1 to stream FLAC audio (I'm a keen Audiophile), after upgrading to 1.52.1 FLAC audio stopped working, and would show up "Data is corrupted" screen. I reverted back to 1.50.1 and everything was peachy. I eagerly waited new releases hoping it might have just been an issue with certain versions, right up to 1.70.1. I had always mucked around with the settings in each version to no avail. At this point I went psycho, and tried everything, even downloading the absolute latest versions of each codec/player possible.
After some research I found and ran the Debug plugin, getting ready to prep some files to upload for support. I scan through them in notepad, and I realized that in 1.50.1 FLAC was being played/transcoded in Mplayer, and in versions after it were trying to be played/transcoded with FFMpeg. At this point it clicked.
- Open PS3 Media Server Control Panel
- Choose the "Transcoding Settings" Tab
- In the left section under the "Audio Files Engines"
- Highlight MPlayer Audio
- Hit the blue up arrow button at the bottom of the list to bring it to the top of the list (in the Audio Files Engines section)
- Hit Save (Floppy disk icon, on the top)
- I chose to Quit the application, and restart
Voila FLAC with all its goodness! I hope this helps! I know I was ripping my hair out for quite a few months.
PS: I want to add a big thanks to everyone involved in this great program! You guys are awesome!