How to Launch PMS from bat file help ?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

How to Launch PMS from bat file help ?

Postby chooiee » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:51 pm

Hi, just upgraded to PMS 1.70 and read through some of the problems i am having. 1080p videos skipping so increased the java heap size as per guide but when pms launched it shows it shows java still starting with 742MB even after i changed it to 1536M in the bat file. Videos still skips so wondering if it's coz i did not run PMS from the bat file and do not know how to. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Pretty much a noob, please help. :oops:

Comp specs :
i5 cpu 750 2.67GHz 8g ram
chooiee

Re: How to Launch PMS from bat file help ?

Postby Raptor399 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:19 am

Open an explorer window, find the .bat file and double click on its icon to execute it.
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby chooiee » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:56 pm

Thanks for the input :) , did that but it would only launch the cmd window and says press any key to continue but would just show error Windows cannot find 'javaw' make sure you type correctly or something ... I installed latest 1.70.7 32 bit java and verified with java website, that is the version on my system. Have used PMS almost since the beginning and did tinker and experimented with the settings many times as per tutorials in the forums etc as best as i could. This latest version of PMS 1.70 causes quite a bit of video skipping and freezes and i am wired on a 100mpbs ethernet connection with D-Link router DIR615 to PS3. Matching the same Maximum bandwidth to what is shown in Traces of PMS in General Configuration and leaving it blank as to no limit makes no difference to the videos skipping. As far as increasing java heap size i did both in bat.file and java runtime parameters -Xms1536M -Xmx1536M with administrator rights and saved the file correctly but does not seem to reflect the changes upon restarting PMS service, still shows java on 768M in Traces :? Finally went back to setting it down to buffer size 400M instead of 600 but problem still persists on certain files. Will provide more info on debug.log/media info of the video file etc when not so swamped with work but will still check back on this post for any advice or input. :) Really appreciative of the work you guys do here, thank you !
chooiee

Postby meskibob » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:40 pm

If it cannot find "javaw" then you need to configure the PATH and/or JAVA_HOME environment variables. There are details for fully checking your Java install in the FAQ - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=30#p41214
As for stuttering and skips - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=30#p42818 and viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=30#p38969
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support