psms not showing on ps3

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

psms not showing on ps3

Postby Apollo21 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:55 pm

Hi
i wonder if anyone can help,ihave read all the tutorials, and loads of posts but its hard to find anything specific.
I have recently set psms and xbmc up on my Laptop and they work fine,I decided that if i had it on my PC, it might be faster as its wired,here is where im at.

1/ps3 wont detect anything.

2/In ps3ms I have detected ps3 renderer ,this can only be done if i select ( dont automatically allow devices to play my media )i can then switch on allow media to be played ,and this does not change anything.

3/I think windows is detecting my pc as the place to play xmbc instead of ps3 but as i have only started using these prgs a week ago i really dont know where to start,maybe someone else as had this prob.
An extract from my config

thumbnails = true
image_thumbnails = true
alternativeffmpegpath = C:\\Program Files\\PS3 Media Server\\win32\\dvrms\\ffmpeg_MPGMUX.exe
engines = pmsencoder,mencoder,tsmuxer,ffmpegvideo,ffmpegaudio,mplayeraudio,tsmuxeraudio,ffmpegwebvideo,vlcvideo,mencoderwebvideo,mplayervideodump,mplayerwebaudio,vlcaudio,ffmpegdvrmsremux,rawthumbs
mencoder_ass = true
mencoder_fontconfig = true
mencoder_ass_defaultstyle = true
uuid = af9c1fb6-fee2-4987-b70a-4eab73981d52
renderer_default = Playstation 3
prevents_sleep_mode = true
renderer_force_default = true
maximumbitrate = 0
python.path = c:\\Python27\\python.exe
rtmpdump.path = C:\\PROGRA~1\\PS3MED~1\\win32\\rtmpdump.exe
pmsxbmc.db.video = C:\\Users\\MadMonk\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\Database\\MyVideos60.db
pmsxbmc.db.music = C:\\Users\\MadMonk\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\Database\\MyMusic18.db
network_interface = eth3

im prety sure the problem lies with wmp,i am not sure, but im going round in circles if anyone could help i would appreciate it so much.

kind regards

Apollo
Last edited by Apollo21 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apollo21

Re: psms not showing on ps3

Postby redhatsuxx » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:17 pm

turn firewall off
redhatsuxx

Postby Apollo21 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi
Thanks for your reply, i dont know alot, but tried this before,i havejust tried it and still the same,it must be something more than this,probably wmp related, but i dont know what,thanks for trying anyway.

kind regards

Apollo
Apollo21

Postby meskibob » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:54 pm

As you were directed earlier in the other thread, follow the FAQ post regarding connection issues:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=20#p34933
Go step by step and check every single point. If you have questions about a point, give Google a search or post them here.
And if you do want help here, you should post your debug.log - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=30#p38484
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Apollo21 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi
thanks for your reply, i think your being a bit harsh,as i said i ama new user,all i was asking for was a bit of help and i havent figured out how to post debuglog yet.if you dont want to help fine ,but i was told best place to ask was here within the other thread.

Just as a matter of interest the links you gave me i have been through several times,i dont understand alot of it, all i wanted was help in plain english,so i can understand.
kind reagrds

Apollo
Apollo21

Postby meskibob » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:33 pm

Terse maybe, but I don't think harsh.
Without being able to sit at your computer with you, there's not really much more we can do other than interpret the information you provide and provide you with recommendations.
The first FAQ post that was provided gives an extensive list of common recommendations if you want to troubleshoot for yourself, and the second FAQ post tells you how to give us the additional information needed for us to directly help you.
Again, if you have a directed question on a specific recommendation or a step in providing the debug.log, go ahead and post it here.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Apollo21 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:51 pm

Hi
Again thanks for your reply ,i understand what your saying,but i am a new 66yr old user and not clever enough to troubleshoot myself .
My main problem is i cant get wmp to show on ps3 ,having recently set pms ,xmbc ,and wmp on ps3 without much trouble,i think if i could get wmp to stream to ps3 it would solve the problem to a great degree, i have tried the obvious without any joy. Firewall,Services and a few other things,i just stumped.
i have been troubleshooting the prog ,and windowsin my own way ,for the last 7 days .
kind reagrds

Apollo
Apollo21

Postby Apollo21 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi dont worry i have reluctantly given up,after 6 reinstalls of both prgs,and reinstalling windows 3 times, i dont think imgoing to get it to work,just seems i have incompatabilty issues,just one of those things,and i am certainly getting no meaningful help here,thanks anyway

Apollo
Apollo21

Postby Raptor399 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:03 pm

Sounds as if you're clever enough already. Have you tried asking help from a friend who is more tech savvy?
You wouldn't be the first to have someone over to help with setting everything up properly.

The FAQ links that meskibob posted should cover everything one needs to know.
If there is anything we can do to improve the information there, let us know.
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby chocolateboy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 pm

Apollo21 wrote:i am certainly getting no meaningful help here

meskibob wrote:if you do want help here, you should post your debug.log - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=30#p38484

Thread locked.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Return to General Help and Support