Jumpy: Jump into Python (and onto XBMC) Updated 22 Sep 2012

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: Jumpy: Jump into Python (and onto XBMC) Updated 22 Sep 2

Postby Apollo21 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:46 pm

Hi
Thanks for the reply No i dont think I have that installed ,imafraid i dont know how to attach a zipped log does the pmsencoder file go in plugins ?

I reinstalled that file again, a little better ,still have fan art and file size etc, but still won't play, so close yet so far lol :!:

I just noticed about 4 of the transcoders arnt working should i re-install ps3 ms what do you think ? i have all the files to put back.

kind regards

Apollo
Last edited by Apollo21 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apollo21

Postby infidel » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:05 pm

Apollo21 wrote:imafraid i dont know how to attach a zipped log does the pmsencoder file go in plugins ?

Please take a moment to read the linked pages :).
  • yes, pmsencoder goes in plugins (as it says clearly).
  • you can zip up your logs using the DbgPack plugin (also clearly stated).
infidel

Postby Apollo21 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:43 pm

Hi
thanks very much for your help so far, i have the dbg packer but dont see how i use it , im going to leave it just now my head is spinning ,been trying to solve this for past 7 hours.

Kind regards

Apollo
Apollo21

Postby Apollo21 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:49 am

Hi
I thought i wouid just drop in ,and let you you lnow i have jumpy working on my ps3 ,it was the Firewall,and some services ,that were stopping the connection.
As i said it is working, but i feel it needs needs a little work.At least i have something to build on,this is quiet new to me,ask me to build you a PC and no Problem i ran a computer build and repair shop for 5 yrs but i am Facinated by xmbc and ps3ms, I could have just connected my latop to my TV, which still remains an option but i fancied the challenge,
I have a couple of questions if I may please:-
1/ when using the Jumpy addon in ps3ms ie searching for database ,Movies and music, which db do you use as there are lots of headings, i went for cache but not sure its right, although it works.

2/Do have to install the DB in the root of XBMC or anything like that ?

3/Is it possible to get NAvix to work in the way movies do,i will keep trying but thought you might know.
There was something else but cant think of it at the moment.
This is a great forum, i managed to pack the debug files etc. just working out how to upload them i will get there lol
I would appreciate any help and advice given thanks

Kind regards

Apollo
Apollo21

Postby infidel » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:36 pm

Apollo21 wrote:I have a couple of questions if I may please:-

Hi, glad you got it sorted out :).

Your questions appear to be concerning other plugins, namely the PMS plugin for XBMC and the Channels Plugin (which supports Navix). It's best to follow up with them directly, but let me know if I'm misreading something.
infidel

Postby Apollo21 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:33 am

infidel wrote:
Apollo21 wrote:I have a couple of questions if I may please:-

Hi, glad you got it sorted out :).

Your questions appear to be concerning other plugins, namely the PMS plugin for XBMC and the Channels Plugin (which supports Navix). It's best to follow up with them directly, but let me know if I'm misreading something.

Hi again i dont mean to be a pain if your too busy then np. i just have a small problem lol.

i am now trying to get xmbc woking to my ps3 on my main pc which is wired,i have at last detected the ps3 renderer ,but it does not show on the ps3 ,neither does wmp which is strange i have checked the settings and all seem to be ok .
Another problem i have is, everytime i save and leave ps3ms,and then restart the same config does not seem to load, i have to start fiddling again sort of. what i am afaid of changing setting etc, is that i will lose something again.
And obviously jumpy is not working yet
Any help at would be very much appreciated, i dont know how to up a debug file yet.
If im in the wrong frorum for help please let me know
i have just noticed that when i have streaming turned on in wmp, the the ps3 renderer is not found ,when turned off it is found, when i turn it on, doesent interfer, but still does not show anything on ps3.
Kind regards

Apollo
Apollo21

Postby infidel » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi Apollo,
Apollo21 wrote:i am now trying to get xmbc woking to my ps3 on my main pc which is wired,i have at last detected the ps3 renderer ,but it does not show on the ps3

The faq, especially the section on Connection problems may help you here (maybe Windows is set to a Public network location instead of Home). Beyond that, I think the General Help and Support area is the right place for these issues, since this thread is specifically for problems with jumpy.
Last edited by infidel on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
infidel

Postby Apollo21 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:08 pm

Hi infidel
Thanks for replying so quickly,i will check, and read the surgested links,i could still have a prob with jumpy though,but i did follow the same steps,as i did with my laptop,which now finds every straight away,but i feel that the pc may be faster,if i can get it working that is ,i know im so close lol anyway thanks Links,i will ask again if i have a dedicated jumpy issue ,if i may.

kind regards

Apollo
Apollo21

Postby kaushalmalavia » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:48 am

Hi,

I have problem using jumpy from PMS into one of the addon FilmON...XBMCHUB.COM its does not show any content. this addon working fine from xbmc.

I have install other addon on xbmc which works fine from pms. i have try to reinstall this addon several time but no luck

below is jumpy log.

Code: Select all

[jumpy] Opening folder: [xbmc]   FilmON...XBMCHUB.COM.

running [c:\Python27\python.exe, C:\Users\ROSHNI\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.FilmOn\default.py, plugin://plugin.video.FilmOn/]
in directory 'C:\Users\ROSHNI\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.FilmOn'
PATH=C:\PMS\plugins\jumpy\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC;C:\PMS\win32;null;C:\PMS\plugins\jumpy\xbmc;C:\Users\ROSHNI\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.t0mm0.common\lib
xbmc_main=C:\XBMC
pms=c:\Python27\python.exe C:\PMS\plugins\jumpy\lib\jumpy.py
PYTHONPATH=C:\PMS\plugins\jumpy\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC;C:\PMS\win32;null;C:\PMS\plugins\jumpy\xbmc;C:\Users\ROSHNI\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.t0mm0.common\lib
JGATEWAY=192.168.1.6:25333
imconvert=C:\PMS\win32\convert.exe

Reading C:\Users\ROSHNI\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.FilmOn\resources\settings.xml
Reading C:\Users\ROSHNI\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.FilmOn\settings.xml
Reading C:\Users\ROSHNI\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.FilmOn\resources\language\English\strings.xml
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\ROSHNI\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.FilmOn\default.py", line 1, in <module>
    import urllib,urllib2,sys,re,xbmcplugin,xbmcgui,xbmcaddon,xbmc,base64,datetime,os
  File "C:\PMS\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcplugin.py", line 6, in <module>
    import jumpy, xbmcinit, xbmc
  File "C:\PMS\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 133, in <module>
    __builtin__._mainid = read_addon()
  File "C:\PMS\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 123, in read_addon
    read_strings(id, 'English')
  File "C:\PMS\plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcinit.py", line 70, in read_strings
    xml = parseString(quickesc(f))
  File "c:\Python27\lib\xml\dom\minidom.py", line 1930, in parseString
    return expatbuilder.parseString(string)
  File "c:\Python27\lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 940, in parseString
    return builder.parseString(string)
  File "c:\Python27\lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 223, in parseString
    parser.Parse(string, True)
xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: no element found: line 9, column 0

Any suggestion ?

regards,
kaushal
Last edited by chocolateboy on Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reformatted: please read the FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/4294qo2
kaushalmalavia

Postby infidel » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:07 pm

kaushalmalavia wrote:Reading C:\Users\ROSHNI\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.FilmOn\resources\language\English\strings.xml
Traceback (most recent call last):
xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: no element found: line 9, column 0

It looks like the file in question is missing line 9 which would be the closing </strings> tag. You can add it by hand:

strings.xml wrote:<strings>
<!-- XBMC -->
<string id="xbmchub">XBMCHUB account</string>
<string id="user">Username</string>
<string id="pass">Password</string>
<!-- Res -->
<string id="res">Resolution</string>
<string id="message">Message Off</string>
</strings>

The addon works for me once this is fixed.
infidel

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins