No renderers

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

No renderers

Postby The7up » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:32 pm

Hello!

PMS 1.6.0 installed from happy-neko reposistory on Ubuntu 12.04 64bit, firewall disabled.

My problem is the following: when I start PMS first time (and when PMS.conf is deleted), PMS can find renderer (SONY Bravia) but PMS not apperars on renderer.
After restart (PMS.conf in my home dir, in a right place), PMS say no renderers were found.

Debug logs are attached.

Thanks for your help. (Windows version from same machine working well, thank you for it :) )

debug.log.no_renderer.zip
(3.09 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
debug.log.with_rend.zip
(4.51 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
The7up

Re: No renderers

Postby chocolateboy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:18 am

chocolateboy
Project Member

Re: No renderers

Postby The7up » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:41 am

All things checked:

Before UDP:
PMS cannot bind to the IP-address or port on the network interface: I have only one interface
Firewall: disabled
You opened multiple instances of PMS or a javaw.exe process got hung up: no other instances
PMS is bound to the wrong network interface: interface forced to only one (and tried without it)
You do not have the proper access or permissions for the PMS install folder: installed with apt, I think this is good

After UDP:
Your software firewall or other software is blocking the traffic between PMS and your device: firewall disabled
Your router is blocking the traffic: no, because if booting to windows, with same IP PSM working well
The host file on your Linux box needs to be corrected: checked, no correction needed
Your server and device are on different subnets: no, because if booting to windows, with same IP PSM working well
I think my renderer setting are OK

No error messages log and PMS not able to find device. If can find, does not appear on renderer :(
The7up

Return to Linux/Unix Support