ESPN3?

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: ESPN3?

Postby infidel » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:49 am

rawr wrote: i found that it was not using the python2.7

Glad you got it going :) !
Code: Select all
// TODO: check python version on startup.
infidel

Postby dalecooper666 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:00 pm

Was there ever a solution to kod's problems? I'm having the same stuff happen to me where the log says ""...PS3 Media Server-SHB\win32\mencoder.exe has a return code of 1! Maybe an error occured... check the log file"

When I try to view espn3 content on my ps3 it seems like it loads and a play button icon appears, but five seconds later a pause button icon appears and nothing happens. I never receive any audio or video from espn3.com. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.
dalecooper666

Postby Theldais » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:35 am

I am currently encountering a similar problem to what was being diagnosed in this problem. I have gotten it to stream, but after about 5 minutes the signal is dropping out for some reason. My set up is
PMS-SHB42
Python 2.7.3 64 bit installed separately (needed for the registry values to work properly)
Jumpy 0.2.2 (Wasn't able to find 0.1.7 version)
pmsencoder 1.6.1 (Wouldn't work with 1.5.12)

I have also corrected the pmsencoder entry in PMS.conf as well as adding the 2 lines for rtmdump to it.

I am attaching the log files, please let me know if there is anything else I could do that would help in diagnosing the issue. I greatly appreciate any help with this issue.
Attachments
debug.zip
(12.59 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Theldais

Postby infidel » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:54 am

Theldais wrote:I am attaching the log files, please let me know if there is anything else I could do that would help in diagnosing the issue. I greatly appreciate any help with this issue.

This falls short of actual help, but your logs don't show anything unusual as far as ESPN is concerned that I can see. I would first try the current version of PMS. Also a TRACE level log may show more, but I wouldn't count on it. Does ESPN work ok in xbmc itself?
infidel

Postby Theldais » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:06 am

Certainly plenty of help to at least get things going. ESPN does work perfectly fine on just XBMC, I left something running for half an hour just to test it out and it was fine. I went ahead and updated to the latest version of PMS (1.70.1) and also did the following steps (Python is still installed separately)
Installed Jumpy 0.2.2 per the instructions in http://skeptical.github.com/jumpy/readme.html
Installed pmsencoder 1.6.1 per https://github.com/chocolateboy/pmsencoder (so just put the jar file in plugins and restarted)
No further alterations were made so there's a good chance I'm missing something that was being done with the SHB installation
I also turned on TRACE logging and added dbgpack for writing out the log files, which are attached.

Again, any assistance with this is greatly appreciated, would get me in extra good with the father in law if I can get this set up for him as well.
Attachments
pms_dbg.zip
(24.86 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Theldais

Postby infidel » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:59 am

The spaces in your rtmpdump.path are causing parsing problems:
pmsencoder.log wrote:command: [cmd.exe, /C, C:\Program, Files, (x86)\PS3, Media, Server\...

the workaround is to use a relative path in PMS.conf:
rtmpdump.path = win32\\rtmpdump.exe

and this should get ESPN started. You'll probably be back to square one as far as playback goes, but at least your next debug.log may have some relevant info.
infidel

Postby Theldais » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:02 pm

Ok, it looks like that change did mostly fix it, I am able to now stream with XBMC and my blu ray player as the renderer, but for some reason my PS3 won't work with ESPN3, though I was able to get it to work with an HGTV feed. I've attached the respective log files from each of these 3 situations, hopefully we're down to just some minor tweaking of it at this point.
Attachments
pms_dbg_xbmc.zip
(211.03 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
pms_dbg_PS3.zip
(51.06 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
pms_dbg_BDP.zip
(91.43 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Theldais

Postby infidel » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:45 pm

Theldais wrote:for some reason my PS3 won't work with ESPN3

There would be no difference between the PS3 and Sony Bluray insofar as the downloading end of things is concerned, so the issue must have to do with the details of how it's getting streamed.

This is just a wild guess, but after going through your logs it's the only thing that comes to mind that would represent a significant streaming-related difference: the Sony Bluray is using chunked transfer mode and the PS3 isn't. I don't know if anyone's ever tested chunked transfer mode on the PS3, but it's worth a shot. Add this to your PS3.conf and see what happens:
ChunkedTransfer=true

I don't have a PS3 to try it myself, alas :).
infidel

Postby andrewran » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:07 pm

This is my first time trying this so I tried following the directions above but I'm not sure if I did something wrong. This is what I've done so far:

- installed PMS-setup-SHB43
- installed XBMC 11.0
- extracted repository.bluecop.xbmc-plugins.zip to the XBMC/addons folder
- installed the ESPN addon in XBMC - tested and works fine on my computer
- when I try to play the ESPN addon on my PS3 I get the following error message:
"This content cannot be played (800288E1)"

Have I missed a step?

Thank you
andrewran

Postby infidel » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:15 pm

andrewran wrote:- installed PMS-setup-SHB43

SHB-43 is a little out of date, so try a current setup:
Once the installers are through you should have all the pieces in place and can try ESPN again.

EDIT: added missing step.
Last edited by infidel on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
infidel

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins