Jumpy: Jump into Python (and onto XBMC) Updated 22 Sep 2012

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: Jumpy: Jump into Python (and onto XBMC) Updated 5 Sep 20

Postby infidel » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:17 pm

glenrocks wrote:Reuters first Web Page in csv works but feed folder item somehow show html formats and not actual web page...
Sorry, not quite getting what "show html formats and not actual web page" means, can you be a little more explicit :).

glenrocks wrote: seems readability:15 makes it bigger...

It means "use readability format and wait 15 seconds before giving up". The (admittedly somewhat convoluted) syntax is described under style here. If you want readability format with larger font it would be something like readability:15+newspaper:x-large.

glenrocks wrote:is there a way for reader to capture whole width of the page in option settings?

I assume you mean in webpage format. Not right now. Although (as I have it now) scaling the image to fit the screen width is trivial, the image itself would be 2nd generation and the fonts would suffer. I need to look at this some more.
infidel

Postby j4si3k » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:26 pm

I am trying to acces this site www.weeb.tv which allows live tv streaming using this http://weeb.tv/xbmc xbmc plugin and jumpy. All I get on my ps3 are folders and *Add bookmark files in them. Is it possible to get this to work? On xbmc this plugin works fine.
j4si3k

Postby infidel » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:18 pm

j4si3k wrote:Is it possible to get this to work? On xbmc this plugin works fine.

Replace plugins/jumpy/xbmc/xbmcgui.py with this:
[attachment removed]
and it should work as far as jumpy is concerned.

However I also get an rtmpdump error right after playback starts, which means my rtmpdump is likely missing a required patch. It works on XBMC presumably because its version of librtmp is newer, so you may have to hunt around for an appropriate rtmpdump to get it to work on PMS (if you're on Windows maybe try this one).

EDIT: attachment superceded.
Last edited by infidel on Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
infidel

Postby timeitniear » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:44 am

Hi.....

When I upgraded to OSx 10.8, I decided to do a clean install (erasing HD) Just to unclog things it probably isn't necessary any more but just a habit from the old mac days. Anyway I'm seeing this error in my jumpy.log

home=/Applications/PS3 Media Server.app/Contents/Resources/Java/plugins/jumpy/xbmc
Error: can't find xbmc addons dir at '/applications/xbmc/addons'.

On my mac the correct path should be /applications/XBMC/Contents/Resources/Addons. I have tried to add this via the PMS.conf as XBMC_Addon.path and once I restart the server the entry is gone from my PMS.Conf (yes I saved) I even added it to XBMC.Path and that entry disapears leaving only the path to the app itself.

Regards

Tim
Attachments
jumpy.txt.zip
(4.09 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
MacBook Pro
2.2 Ghz Intel Core i7
4GB Ram
OSX 10.8.1
timeitniear

Postby glenrocks » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:47 am

Sorry, not quite getting what "show html formats and not actual web page" means, can you be a little more explici

Hi IN, sorry I could not save the output as file from command line but here is the trace when I click on Reuters Item within Top News: (link redirects to actual reuters.com within browser but reader output looks like view-source kinda output) Try it out and let me know if you can see Reuters Top News items.

Code: Select all
INFO  2012-09-15 18:12:29.258 [New I/O server worker #1-7] Starting transcode/remux of JPMorgan faces money laundering probe: source
DEBUG 2012-09-15 18:12:29.261 [New I/O server worker #1-7] Creating pipe \\.\pipe\1347750749259webreader
DEBUG 2012-09-15 18:12:29.268 [Thread-39] Waiting for pipe connection \\.\pipe\1347750749259webreader
DEBUG 2012-09-15 18:12:29.324 [python.exe-1] Starting C:\Python27\python.exe "plugins\\jumpy\webreader\webreader.py" http://feeds.reuters.com/~r/reuters/topNews/~3/vJlbikFBw4Q/us-jpm-probe-idUSBRE88E0G220120915 \\.\pipe\1347750749259webreader readability:newspaper
DEBUG 2012-09-15 18:12:29.330 [python.exe-1] Reading pipe: \\.\pipe\1347750749259webreader
DEBUG 2012-09-15 18:12:29.456 [python.exe-1] Attaching thread: python.exe-1[/quote]I tried new Jumpy-XBMC but happened to try rtmpgui+ addon. It errors out:
[quote]Settings: {u'show24h': u'false', u'woi_user': u'', u'woi_pass': u'', u'has_updated_librtmp': u'true'}
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\users\IBM_ADMIN\appdata\roaming\xbmc\addons\plugin.video.rtmpGUIplus\default.py", line 29, in <module>
    if __name__ == "__main__": from resources.lib.main import main;main(BASE)
  File "c:\users\IBM_ADMIN\appdata\roaming\xbmc\addons\plugin.video.rtmpGUIplus\resources\lib\main.py", line 22, in <module>
    __settings__   = xbmcaddon.Addon(id='plugin.rtmpGUIplus')
  File "plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcaddon.py", line 10, in __init__
    self.info = _info[self._id]
KeyError: None

I did try older version and changed init module (commented new commands): This somehow fixed the issue...so some issue with jumpy/xbmc/xbmcaddon.py (attaching it as zip)
Attachments
xbmcaddon.zip
(908 Bytes) Downloaded 82 times
Last edited by chocolateboy on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reformatted
glenrocks

Postby infidel » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:04 pm

timeitniear wrote:On my mac the correct path should be /applications/XBMC/Contents/Resources/Addons

Hi. Although that's your main program folder there's also a 'home' user folder at /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/XBMC where the addons are mostly installed (see the xbmc wiki), which jumpy checks first.

jumpy.txt wrote:[jumpy] util: GETPROPERTY xbmc.path
xbmc_home=/applications/xbmc
[jumpy] setEnv: xbmc_home=/applications/xbmc

Can it be that somehow there's an old jumpy-xbmc.conf still in your PMS profile folder? If so delete it and also make sure there's no xbmc.path setting in PMS.conf and restart.

timeitniear wrote:I have tried to add this via the PMS.conf as XBMC_Addon.path and once I restart the server the entry is gone from my PMS.Conf (yes I saved)

XBMC_Addon.path isn't a recognized setting :). If you need to set xbmc.path (which you normally wouldn't), or change any other setting in PMS.conf by hand it should be done when PMS is shut down, since PMS itself may save its settings and overwrite yours. Here the likely culprit is jumpy itself, because it removes its new script players from your engines list at shutdown and overwrites PMS.conf in the process.
infidel

Postby infidel » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:29 pm

glenrocks wrote:reader output looks like view-source kinda output

Are you actually seeing <html> tags? readability format is meant to be a plain stripped-down "easy-to-read" :) version of a web page. I'm seeing what I expect to see when I browse articles under Top News.

glenrocks wrote:
Code: Select all
  File "c:\users\IBM_ADMIN\appdata\roaming\xbmc\addons\plugin.video.rtmpGUIplus\resources\lib\main.py", line 22
    __settings__   = xbmcaddon.Addon(id='plugin.rtmpGUIplus')
  File "plugins\jumpy\xbmc\xbmcaddon.py", line 10, in __init__
    self.info = _info[self._id]
KeyError: None

This should fix it (replaces plugins/jumpy/xbmc/xbmcaddon.py):
[attachment removed]
If not tell me where you got your rtmpgui+ addon because the one I have seems to be out of date.

EDIT: attachment superceded.
Last edited by infidel on Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
infidel

Re: Jumpy: Jump into Python (and onto XBMC) Updated 22 Sep 2

Postby infidel » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:14 pm

Update: PMS-Jumpy 0.2.3

• misc bugfixes to jumpy-xbmc and webreader.
  • new Windows 1-click installer for Jumpy and all tools.
infidel

Postby Mike_Metro » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:53 pm

infidel wrote:
Mike_Metro wrote:In the debug log I see:
[win32\ffmpeg.exe] Process C:\Program Files (x86)\PS3 Media Server\win32\ffmpeg.exe has a return code of 1! Maybe an error occured...

Mike, could you please attach zipped TRACE logs. It will save a lot of back and forth.

Resolved my issue from some other posts. Made sure all the paths in the config were in 8.3 format.

Great plug-in infidel.
Mike_Metro

Re: Jumpy: Jump into Python (and onto XBMC) Updated 22 Sep 2

Postby infidel » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:02 pm

Mike_Metro wrote: Made sure all the paths in the config were in 8.3 format.

Good job. Actually if you (by any chance) installed rtmpdump using my first win32-setup script I'm the culprit here since I only realised later on that spaces in the command path would pose a problem for pmsencoder. The new installer writes rtmpdump.path in 8.3 format.
infidel

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins