Jumpy: Jump into Python (and onto XBMC) Updated 22 Sep 2012

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: PMS-Jumpy: Jump into Python (and onto XBMC) update:12.07

Postby infidel » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:43 pm

nismoxr34l wrote:Im thinking this is due to rtmpdump 2.3?

very likely :). There must be binaries of 2.4 out there you can grab, and I don't think you can cross-compile from linux but apparently gcc without xcode is possible. To build it yourself use the source code from here and follow the instructions in the readme. Don't forget to install:
Code: Select all
sudo make SYS=darwin install

The mac/osx version of PMS doesn't include ffmpeg?
infidel

Postby Raptor399 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:12 am

infidel wrote:The mac/osx version of PMS doesn't include ffmpeg?

Yes, it does:
> ls /Applications/PS3\ Media\ Server.app/Contents/Resources/Java/osx
dcraw      ffmpeg      flac      mencoder   mplayer      tsMuxeR
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby infidel » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:19 pm

Thanks, raptor! I'm assuming it has librtmp support then.

nismoxr34 wrote:
2012-07-19 20:48:08 [INFO|Matcher|doCall|main]: loading user script: rtmpdump.groovy
2012-07-19 20:48:09 [INFO|Matcher|registerProfile|main]: replacing profile: rtmpdump://

@nismoxr34: If this is the Channels rtmpdump.groovy have you tried using ffmpeg instead of rtmpdump by removing rtmpdump.force from PMS.conf?
infidel

Postby nismoxr34 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:27 am

I attempted to remove rtmpdump.force from my PMS.conf, I am thinking that ffmpeg wasn't compiled correctly with librtmp, maybe I am wrong. I updated rtmp 2.4, but still have the same issues. It looks like its attempting to use ffmpeg but unable to transcode.

Edit: Just compiled ffmpeg with all dependencies, and its working now.

Thanks!
nismoxr34

Postby infidel » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:25 pm

nismoxr34 wrote:Edit: Just compiled ffmpeg with all dependencies, and its working now.

Great!
infidel

Postby infidel » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:36 pm

Update: PMS-Jumpy 0.2.2

• a config panel in the gui, finally.
  • new feature: scripts as players.
  • numerous API additions.
  • new player script: webreader - browse snapshots of your web pages.
  • new player script: text - play your text files as video.
infidel

Re: Jumpy: Jump into Python (and onto XBMC) Updated 5 Sep 20

Postby glenrocks » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:19 am

Hi Inf,
Just noticed new release...would try it out and let you know......also would appreciate if you can expand and summarize more on new features here. More Qs on reading your links and after I understand.
PS-I see examples within zip..I see rss feeds and other new features but they dont expand.
PS- All XBMC addons dont get picked up as earlier and dont show in this version...any clues??

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "xbmcinit.py", line 105, in read_addon
paths.extend(_info[dep]['_pythonpath'].split(os.path.pathsep))
KeyError: '_pythonpath'
glenrocks

Postby infidel » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:52 pm

glenrocks wrote:I see rss feeds and other new features but they dont expand.

I should have explained this somewhere :). If you already have a jumpy-scripts.ini in your profile folder then temporarily rename it and jumpy will write a new default one with the examples inside, then merge your backed-up ini into the new one by hand.

glenrocks wrote:All XBMC addons dont get picked up as earlier and dont show in this version...any clues?

There's been no change to the xbmc scripts in this version so it should work the same as before, however I was alerted to one pretty basic flaw in the scripts which is now corrected at jumpy-xbmc on github. Try that and if you still get an error attach a jumpy.log so I can replicate the error.
infidel

Postby glenrocks » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:20 am

Thanks for the reply..IN

I tried couple of things:

-Used your win32-setup to make sure PhantonJS is installed and path set - result is webreader works and even video showing the webpage works too. Only problem is I cannot PAUSE and I am not super quick reader..lol I am sure that there is a way to slow the pace. I wish I could PAUSE though as on my DLNA player, stream fails on pausing.
*Nice feature added by you- I could certainly add Reuters and Weather site- very USEFUL.. Thanks!

-Used my old XBMC as it seems that I have not updated that folder as I was using old Jumpy 1.7. So not sure what changed in XBMC since then as I still get the pythonpath error. for now, all addons get picked up using xbmcinit (version 2.1) and new one is 3.1

Error in 3.1 is:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "xbmcinit.py", line 112, in read_addon
paths.extend(_info[dep]['_pythonpath'].split(os.path.pathsep))
KeyError: '_pythonpath'

- Also read your script (text and message) examples ....somehow they dont work for me.....Is the purpose to be able to run XBMC programs, weather?? What are intended applications? Please do share your used scripts.
glenrocks

Postby infidel » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:25 am

glenrocks wrote:I cannot PAUSE

You have a dlna player that can't pause? Could you be more specific :?:

glenrocks wrote:Used my old XBMC
glenrocks wrote:Error in 3.1 is:

Do you mean you're using XBMC Dharma (10.1) and not Eden (11.0) with jumpy-xbmc 3.1 and getting this error? It would be much simpler if you attach a full log so I can see the details. The KeyError by itself doesn't shed enough light (for me anyway :)).

glenrocks wrote:I could certainly add Reuters and Weather site- very USEFUL

Post them here when you've got 'em.

glenrocks wrote:- Also read your script (text and message) examples ....somehow they dont work for me.....What are intended applications?

They're "video message boxes" for Actions to report their results or for Players to show error messages when they fail (for example if you look in webreader.py you'll see it calls pms.err() if it can't run phantomjs). They don't work on my Sony Bluray either (but neither do PMS' VirtualVideoActions, extremely short streams seem to always throw a "corrupted" error). They work on the PS3 I hear, and also on xbmc itself, of course.

EDIT: typo.
Last edited by infidel on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
infidel

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins