Generic Profile to transcode everything

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Generic Profile to transcode everything

Postby ndy78 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:35 am

Hello,

browsing through all the questions and problems with alternative media renderers it occured to me that most people - including me - would be happy with a "generic transcode everything" profile to start with.

AFAIK most devices should support at least MPEG2 and MP3, so these would be the target codecs of choice.

Only very little information is needed to adjust such a profile to new media renderers. A single known device supported video and audio format + according User Agent Information will be sufficient.

As I am not too familiar with all parameters used, I ask for anyone to help make this draft profile work.

Thanks a lot and appreciate any comments,
Andy

Code: Select all
RendererName=Generic MPEG2 - MP3
RendererIcon = unknown.png
UserAgentSearch=UPNP
UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch=
Video=true
Audio=true
Image=true

TranscodedVideoFileSize=53687091200
TranscodeExtensions=wmv,avi,mov,flv,mkv,mp4,dv,h264
StreamExtensions=

MediaInfo=false
SeekByTime=false

TranscodeVideo=MPEGPSAC3
TranscodeAudio=MP3

DefaultVBVBufSize=false
MuxLPCMToMpeg=false
WrapDTSIntoPCM=false
H264Level41Limited=true

MaxVideoBitrateMbps=50
MaxVideoWidth=1920
MaxVideoHeight=1080

TranscodeAudioTo441kHz=false
TranscodeFastStart=true
TranscodedVideoFileSize=0

AutoExifRotate=false
CreateDLNATreeFaster = false
ndy78

Re: Generic Profile to transcode everything

Postby Raptor399 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:46 am

I don't know about this.

Transcoding is expensive in terms of CPU usage and you would have to know what display size you are transcoding to.
You want to avoid transcoding as much as you can and that is what PMS is trying to help you with.

However, if you insist...

There is an option in PMS under "Transcoding Settings > Common transcode settings" named "Force transcode for the following extentions (comma separated)". You will find it on the bottom of the screen under "Misc options".

Just enter a comma separated list of file extensions there and they will always be transcoded.
Raptor399
Project Member

Return to Alternative Media Renderers