Theory in Practice. Stream Desktop to Xbox/ps3 via vlc

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Theory in Practice. Stream Desktop to Xbox/ps3 via vlc

Postby coldtrain » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:38 pm

First off so for the people who wonder why even bother. 2 reasons.

my rear projection tv's small def projector is gone. meaning no svideo.

secondly, this had been on my mind for a while, and i want to see it in action.

so last night i spent my time trying to set up vlc to stream desktop, but the issue here is, i want to use my xbox as a reciever via either tversity, orb, or my beloved ps3ms. the only one seeming more suited for the job is ps3ms. but i need a bit of help understanding how to run a stream on my pc, have ps3ms recognize it and stream it at 00:00 + never ending.

i was able to export streams to files, but no luck, it played as if it were a recorded video stopping after a couple secs.

now i know orb, use to be able to directly hook up to a webcam, but now its different, u can add a webcam stream (URL:1234/cam.cgi) probly our best bet right? well i couldn't find a fucking thing on how to stream in that format for orb, or even find something close enough to work.

so anyone who full understands running a vlc stream, and having your Xbox 360/ ps3 respond reply. or orb, and maybe even tversity. get back to me.

i have it hooked up to Ethernet for full performance. i understand the response time will be behind, however that's not really a problem though, just something to try out, maybe see what happens with games etc, try streaming, oh and regarding audio my pc is directly hooked up to my tv so audio is right out of the tv, or i have the option of streaming it aswell in vlc.
coldtrain

Re: Theory in Practice. Stream Desktop to Xbox/ps3 via vlc

Postby coldtrain » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:21 am

bump
coldtrain

Return to Alternative Media Renderers