Rtmpdump options not in Channel Plugin Option

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: Rtmpdump options not in Channel Plugin Option

Postby infidel » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:17 pm

bin23 wrote:Both ffmpeg and rtmpdump are being called, but it is just not able to return to the stream.

Can you please attach full logs using DbgPack? Need to see rtmpdump/ffmpeg output which isn't shown above.

Mowax wrote:I'm just wondering I do have a beast of a PC that sit's next to the revo

Had to look up what a 'revo' was :). Trying it from the PC just to eliminate the possibility can't hurt.

Mowax wrote:Some files play and some don't, not sure why, seem to get a lot of "corrupt data" when trying to play back stuff via say for example "navi-x"

Your PMS, Channels (especially) and Jumpy are all out of date. This may or may not matter, but please update them just to keep things sane. navix seems to be troublesome for others and I have no special insight since I haven't tried it recently, but as a general rule one should double-check whether the content plays outside of PMS. You can also try some xbmc addons in Jumpy (e.g. AlJazeera) and see if rtmp streams are working there.
infidel

Postby davonz » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:14 am

I am really struggling with this. Couldn't use the shark build as the PS3 MS would not show up on my Samsung TV, even though the TV shows up as found on the Media Server.
So got most things working with standard build.
Can see all the channels, some have no streams to be clicked, some do, but do not play. Myp2p is the one i want most, that shows all now playing, sometimes my sopcast opens on my computer, plays stream, but not on TV through media server, then it disconnects the media server to the tv.

Not sure where to put the rtmpdump path, set the groovy script to true as well.

davonz

Postby Mowax » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:23 am

download the rtdump 2.4 it's an exe, posted earlier in this thread and then save it somewhere and then add the line

rtmpdump.path = C:\\Users\\revo\\Desktop\\PMS\\rtmpdump-2.4\\rtmpdump.exe

As you can see I have mine installed at the above location, of course your's will be different.....
Mowax

Postby davonz » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:29 am

Yeah I have that in there, 4th line from the bottom.
davonz

Postby Mowax » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:34 am

your missing a \ ?

should be rtmpdump.path = c:\\rtmpdump.exe
Mowax

Postby davonz » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:46 am

Still a no go, current file not supported for everything I try play.
davonz

Postby bin23 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:18 am

infidel wrote:Can you please attach full logs using DbgPack? Need to see rtmpdump/ffmpeg output which isn't shown above.

Infidel, thanks for taking the time to look at these logs and help me (now us with the hijacking of this thread) here .

Here are the logs
Attachments
Bin_pms_dbg.zip
(32.55 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
bin23

Postby davonz » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:42 am

Do you think it is a better idea for everyone to create a thread with the same problem that you are having. Then you won't have to worry about being hijacked.
davonz

Postby infidel » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:20 pm

bin23 wrote:help me (now us with the hijacking of this thread) here .
davonz wrote:Do you think it is a better idea for everyone to create a thread with the same problem that you are having. Then you won't have to worry about being hijacked.

Well, to be fair everyone is off-topic at this point since we settled the question about the channel options panel long ago. But (to go even further off-topic :)) rtmpdump usage is a recurring issue and ends up taking over the thread regardless of topic whenever it's raised. Channels usage has this tendency too (because of its popularity) and here the twain meet. I don't know of a good solution to thread pollution but it's definitely a problem since for PMS the forums are pretty much the primary "documentation" and new users keep raising the same issues because they can't easily locate existing answers (other than in the faq thread).

bin23 wrote:Here are the logs

• PMS.conf shows
    Code: Select all
    rtmpdump.path = c:rtmpdump.exe
    try this as 'c:\\rtmpdump.exe'. I tested it your way and get a 'no such file...' error (which is missing from your log, so I'm not sure what's happening there).
  • double check that your rtmpdump is the standalone version. Its size should be 300+kb and when you double-click on it you shouldn't see error pop-ups complaining about missing dlls.
  • try some other links. I tried your svt link and it wouldn't play for me either.
infidel

Postby bin23 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:00 pm

Thanks again infidel. It is the same with all the links. There is not a problem with finding rtmpdump. I am using it with another program so I didn't move it from that location. Unfortunately, that location would be specific to my system and would not exist on yours.

I agree with everything beyond your first post being a bit of the line. I don't know if any of the svt links will work outside of Sweden and that may be the problem with those, but just so I am clear, should one be able to pause a stream ? It seem like it should work.
bin23

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins