Wanted: Watched/Unwatched support and follw.it

Discuss third-party additions, plugins and translations for PS3 Media Server

Re: Wanted: Watched/Unwatched support and follw.it

Postby taconaut » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:15 pm

Cool :) Couldn't test it yet, but will soon.

It will help me finalize the GUI for the plugin selection (with all the supported tags you've got in there, the dialog must be huge). Beside some unfinished things it's looking good.

Some comments while reading the code:
  • For TMDB I use the language pms uses to get results (PMS.getConfiguration().getLanguage()). Might probably be better to set the preferred language in the global configuration of the plugin to make it configurable per plugin rather than globally. Not a must, but a nice to have.
  • searchForFile should return null. As isSearchForFilePossible returns false, it won't be called anyway though.

[edit] To include required dependencies in the plugin jar which aren't included in pms, you can have a look at this example where the imdb import plugin includes the json library.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby cjsewell » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:24 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah the dialog is huge. I commented out a lot of the tags just so I could hit the save button. Would be good to have the list box scroll.

I will add in the language selection to default to PMS.getConfiguration().getLanguage() but will also add support so it can be changed by the config dialog.

I havent had as much time as I would have liked to spend on it, but may be able to fit a few hours in this weekend.

Cheers
cjsewell

Postby taconaut » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:14 am

I'll finish the import properties dialogue sometime soon. Was just too lazy creating a test case, not that you're plugin has so many tags, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out a usable layout.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby cjsewell » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:15 am

Hey bud,

Sorry about the slow updates. Just shifted house, planning a wedding and got baby number 2 on the way, so haven't had much free time lately.

Anyway, I have been trying to extend the PlayCountWatcher to send the play count to Follw.It, but I can't seem to figure out how to get tags for the file.

I'm assuming I need to get a DOFileInfo object with storage.getFileInfo somehow but can't get it to work.

Can you help?

Cheers
cjsewell

Postby taconaut » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:25 pm

No worries (and best wishes), haven't been too busy with pms either these days.
The easy way doesn't exist in the master yet, but you can duplicate the code from this method for now https://github.com/taconaut/pms-mlx/blo ... .java#L562
taconaut
Project Member

Previous

Return to Additions and Plugins