JDownloader + Mediaserver

Discuss issues related to PS3 Media Server development (only for programmers)

JDownloader + Mediaserver

Postby coalado » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:24 am

Hi everybody.
Sorry for posting this in the ps3ms developer forums, but I guess I will adress the best "user group" here. Feel free to move the topic.

I'm a JDownloader Developer, and we are currently working on streaming media. The current Implementation provides a http stream to VLC (or other video players). JDownloader's integrated HTTP Server gets the range requests, and cares about serving the requested Data, either from cache(HD), Downloadsystem, or even from Rar files. We provide a kind of "Random Access Stream" to the streaming backend

This works pretty fine, but it would be even nicer to serve not only to local mediaplayers, but through DLNA/UPNP to a big range of Mediarenderer Devices.

You have a lot of experience on this, and maybe we could even use parts of your source for this.
If anybody likes this idea of streaming almost any file directly from the net to TV/PS3, feel free to conribute, or just to guide me the right way.

Besides this Forum, you can reach me for a chat at http://jdownloader.org/knowledge/chat (/join #jdteam). Feel free to talk to jiaz as well if I'm not available

Coalado
coalado

Re: JDownloader + Mediaserver

Postby Raptor399 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:11 am

Sounds like you could use Cling to handle the complex UPnP bit.
Best of luck with your project!
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby coalado » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:53 am

Thanks for your answer. Don't you think it would be a better idea to use the ps3ms code instead?
coalado

Postby lightglitch » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:48 am

coalado wrote:Thanks for your answer. Don't you think it would be a better idea to use the ps3ms code instead?

Ps3ms dlna code is not organized. If you starting now Cling is much better option.
Just waist a minute looking at https://github.com/ps3mediaserver/ps3me ... estV2.java and https://github.com/ps3mediaserver/ps3me ... lerV2.java and you will see what I mean.
lightglitch a.k.a Mário Franco
lightglitch
Project Member

Postby coalado » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:31 pm

I'm afraid that I would have to spend a lot of time in transcoding, renderer profiles,...
We don't have enough manpower to write this all from scratch.

For those who know JDownloader:
I would like to serve the contents of the Linkgrabber and Downloadlist table via DLNA.
If files or ranges are requested that have not been downloaded yet, we download them on the fly.
Transcoding needs to find its place somewhere between.
coalado

Postby lightglitch » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:25 pm

If you want to support transcoding then is another story.
Because implementing a dlna server without transcoding is more or less simple and with cling is more simpler (ex: https://github.com/longkerdandy/chii2), but transcoding is going to give you headaches even if are going to use ps3ms code.
lightglitch
Project Member

Postby Raptor399 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:44 pm

lightglitch is right!
Transcoding support will definitely give you headaches. Not to mention client recognition, a subject that Cling stealthily dodges. ;-)
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby lightglitch » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:24 am

Raptor399 wrote:Not to mention client recognition, a subject that Cling stealthily dodges. ;-)

It's was discussed to be implemented but everybody stopped having time to contribute because of other (payed) projects. I hope it will be added in the future.
lightglitch
Project Member

Postby coalado » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:20 am

Thanks for your help.
I started a Mediaserver based on cling 1, and already got it working as a server and as a "play to" feature - at least for Samsung SmartTv and ps3.
According to other posts, you advise the cling 2.0 snapshot.

BTW:
We have a fulltime job as java developer here in Fürth/Germany - If someone is interested, just contact me.
coalado

Postby lightglitch » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:48 am

coalado wrote:According to other posts, you advise the cling 2.0 snapshot.

Yep, it has a lot more DLNA stuff.
lightglitch
Project Member

Return to Developers