Any alternatives to PS3 mediaserver?

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

Re: Any alternatives to PS3 mediaserver?

Postby aziztt » Mon May 07, 2012 11:25 am

SharkHunter wrote:To hard to use google? http://superuser.com/questions/292925/f ... e-subtitle
Mencoder gives you better control over where the subtitle should be font etc.

Tried it, it just add the subs to the mkv container not "burning" subs to the video.
aziztt

Postby tcviper » Thu May 10, 2012 5:10 pm

Ive been testing Mezzmo (which works very well on almost any device!), Serviio, PS3MS, TVersity, Wildmedia and now also PLEX since they start work on DLNA and I have to say, apart from PLEX (which doesnt allow subtitles yet), only PS3MS is the perfect solution for making subtitles work flawlessly on any device in my network. Yes there might be cooler solutions out there but only PS3MS supports subtitles.

As soon as other software starts enabling integrated subtitles (.srt) Im all for it, untill that time, PS3MS it is.
tcviper

Postby aziztt » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:10 am

tcviper wrote:As soon as other software starts enabling integrated subtitles (.srt) Im all for it, untill that time, PS3MS it is.

Ive read Sony are working closely with Serviio to get subtitles working for Sony devices, this will let Sony Homestream work with subtitles too
Its on the Sony UK forums
aziztt

Postby Skylion » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:04 am

Not sure this counts as an alternative but Sub Junk build has been re-branded as Universal Media Server.

Here is the url.
http://www.universalmediaserver.com/
Skylion

Postby BabYonZ » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:47 pm

I did start theeis threat 2 years back.. as the developing was on hold... but many things have changed and PS3MS are working just fine... but I had to find new method to play my files.. and are now using Boxee Box from Dlink, works very well, not as good as PS3MS, but does not have the one limitation PS3MS do have now days... ;) Subtitles work just excellent in Boxee...
BabYonZ

Previous

Return to General Discussion