virtual folder, sorted by date?

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

virtual folder, sorted by date?

Postby perler » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:54 pm

hi,

I am under the impression, that I have seen in an older version of PMS a navigation menu which showed the newest videos, sorted by date. did i dream this or did this feature vanish sometime in the past?

PAT
perler

Re: virtual folder, sorted by date?

Postby chocolateboy » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:58 pm

You can configure PMS to sort files by date in all folders via Navigation/Share Settings -> File order. Or you can set it on a per-folder basis with pms-mlx.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby perler » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:01 pm

thanks, that's not what I meant. I was under the impression, that PMS shows in a special, virtual folder (something like #new#) /all/ files in it's database, no matter in which subdirectory, sorted into folders by date for the last week or so. maybe it was another media server...
perler

Postby perler » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:07 pm

Ok, I tried to tackle the feature from another angle. I know PMS is cross platform, but maybe you can implement this for windows specifically (and macos and linux have the same features somewhere, I'm sure):

in windows you can search for files changed in the last 7 days: Win-F and enter datemodified:last week kind:=video in the search box. this search now you can save. It would be very cool, if PMS would recognize this "virtual folder" and crawl it to present it on the TV.
perler

Postby chocolateboy » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:19 pm

You're asking for features that are already available in pms-mlx (what do you think the "Recently added" folder in the screenshot is?).
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby perler » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:34 pm

Thanks, not really, one is a convoluted thing I need to configure, the other one is a feature that would only be visible for whoever needs it (and could easily be set up at installation time). But thanks for your efforts!
perler

Postby chocolateboy » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:59 pm

perler wrote:one is a convoluted thing I need to configure, the other one is a feature that would only be visible for whoever needs it

I agree the Windows way is pretty convoluted compared to using the GUI in pms-mlx.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby perler » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:01 pm

sure ;)
perler

Postby righteousbs » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:10 pm

Check out the categories that Plex Media Server provides, you can access various filters with little user intervention, per your interest their are filters like Recently Added and by Date broken out within each Media Category (movies/tv shows/music/photos). IMO the only downside to Plex is that their DLNA server is not up to par with PS3 Media Server. So if you like the categories that Plex provides try using the Interfaced PS3MS plugin, this will host the Plex library through PS3MS.
righteousbs

Return to Feature Suggestions