Virtual Folders

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Virtual Folders

Postby ExSport » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:35 pm

http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/issues/detail?id=24
Shagrath, how it looks like with this feature?
I am thinking that I will donate second time to strenghten your concern on it :mrgreen:
ExSport

Re: Virtual Folders

Postby shagrath » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:05 pm

yep
I know what I want to do, but I just prefer to work on other topics for now
don't worry, it will come one day, it's just something rather boring to code :p
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby ExSport » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:48 pm

I understand, because that donation bid up for loosing boring flag for this feature 8-)
I already lost in creating junction points for my data and also loosing one folder depth with it because can't create one folder for more disk sources.
I am asking now because it seemed to me that major features you already implemented, there are no major changes in code for last few days so some cosmetic changes will frees your mind :twisted:
ExSport

Postby Audioboxer » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:42 pm

Yeah I'd love this as well.

I currently have HD content spanning over two hard drives and it would be nice to have it all listed together :D

I can do that with the media library but I lose my coverart plus the file names would all need to be changed (right now I have a sub directory for each movie) as the media library just lumps everything together file wise, you can't have sub directories.

Something I can wait on though, it's not as high priority as bug fixes/stability/optimizations!
Audioboxer

Postby Audioboxer » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:13 am

Quick bump on this.

Is it still something you plan Shagrath?

I brought home another 500GB drive from my visit to the states, I now need to separate my media files across 3 drives :P
Audioboxer

Postby vguna » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:56 pm

+1 from me.
vguna

Postby Audioboxer » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:37 pm

Until Shagrath has time to implement this, I've found an application that does this perfectly :D

http://www.virtualdisk.net/

It creates a virtual hard drive that you can map folders/files to. I just mapped all my movie folders to it from all my drives, then added the virtual drive to PS3MS and it works fine. It costs money but, I'm running the trial. If there's any freeware versions of software like this please say!

Windows 7 has the libraries feature, but there's no way to currently link PS3MS to your libraries :(
Audioboxer

Postby ExSport » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:00 pm

No it is useless this application because you can't create one virtual folder which will merge 2 different folders from 2 different disks ;)
This junctions what this application do you can do for free with e.g. http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshel ... llext.html
ExSport

Postby Audioboxer » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:43 am

ExSport wrote:No it is useless this application because you can't create one virtual folder which will merge 2 different folders from 2 different disks ;)
This junctions what this application do you can do for free with e.g. http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshel ... llext.html

Woah thanks, does exactly what I need 8-)
Audioboxer

Postby ExSport » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:53 pm

Any new motivation for this feature? I will donate again if your concern for this feature will change... ;)
ExSport

Next

Return to Feature Suggestions