Raspberry Pi OpenElec XBMC problems

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Raspberry Pi OpenElec XBMC problems

Postby radiohambrian » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:30 am

Playing with Openelec on the Raspberry PI - currently at build 11452 but these problems are also found on builds 11410 & 11417

PS3MS 1.54 and 1.53 - video fails to start properly, usually the audio track plays but the video itself does not start. MP3s and music play fine
PS3MS 1.50 - video plays fine for almost all files (fails on an 8GB .iso file but that is likely to be OpenElec). MP3s play fine but have completely wrong playing times of several hundred minutes so tracks do not end and the player does not advanced to the next track.

I didn't get PS3MS builds 1.51 or 1.52 but it seems the changes between 1.50 and 1.53 nicely fixed the MP3 wrong time problem but at the cost of stopping videos working.
radiohambrian

Re: Raspberry Pi OpenElec XBMC problems

Postby camelfighter » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:14 pm

Hi there,

i want to install PS3MS on my Debian System for streaming to the Raspberry PI. Where can i get the build of PS3MS 1.50? I searched for it, but didn't find it.
Thanks for your help.

Regards
Timo
camelfighter

Postby dspolleke » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:50 pm

Where to get the latest build.. eurhm.. like.. Right here..

https://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserve ... 1.60.0.tgz

but this topic kick serves an other purpose. Yesterday a friend of mine came by with his RasPi (mine is still on order) and he does not hafe an hdmi capable device and i do not have a raspi.. So we (read: he) started hacking at it and at PMS to get things streaming. First we had audio only but could see previews.. after some tinkering in the renderers file for XMBC..

Find it here:
http://moeilijklastig.nl/raspberrypi.html

thanx mrngm for coming over and fixing this issue with my device still on order ;-)
dspolleke

Postby chocolateboy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:11 pm

camelfighter wrote:Where can i get the build of PS3MS 1.50? I searched for it, but didn't find it.

PS3 Media Server Tutorial/FAQ:

otmanix wrote:
Links

chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby camelfighter » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:56 pm

@dspolleke

Does that meant, that i only have to modifiy my xbmc.conf on my Raspi with your file? Then it will display videos, too?
camelfighter

Return to Linux/Unix Support