2012 Viera E5

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

2012 Viera E5

Postby mattghi » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:03 am

Hi all,

I've been using PS3 MS for years with my original PS3 and ripping dvd/blu ray to MP4 via handbrake using the 'Normal' profile and PS3 profile in the older versions of Handbrake. Never had any issues at all.

At the weekend I purchased a E5 series Panasonic Viera and I've encountered some strange behaviour. PS3MS sees the renderer and my folders and files appear fine but only a handful will actually play. Others just get the 'Please Wait' then 'Cannot play file' message. The server is connected via wireless with the TV plugged straight into router. PS3 plays them all fine. All the rips are the same so why would this be happening? I've tried A few other media servers (serviio, twonky etc and its the same). Don't really want to transcode as I'm on wireless and I don't think it'll cope.
mattghi

Re: 2012 Viera E5

Postby mattghi » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:19 pm

In addition i've looked at all the files in mediainfo, those that can and can't play and they all seem the same AVC video with AAC audio h264(x264) mp4. It's a mystery to me!
mattghi

Re: 2012 Viera E5

Postby kaldaddy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:07 am

I also have a E5 and have trouble with mp4's. I thought the unit natively played mp4's over dlna but I guess not. They play well on Serviio with the Panasonic no avi profile from the forums. Gave up on Serviio when I could get no online content to stream. Having the same troubles with PMS. Think of going back to Serviio.
kaldaddy

Return to Alternative Media Renderers