Removes "Shared folders" auto.. Bug!

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Removes "Shared folders" auto.. Bug!

Postby Electrix » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:01 pm

Sometimes the PS3 Media Server can't begin to stream/transcode and the message "Not supported" on PS3 comes up.
Then I restart the server (Quit the server then start it again). THEN it works to stream/transcode but...

When this happens many of the "Shared folders" (5 of 6 folder) are removed automatically and I have to add them again.

I have v1.10.51 + Windows 7..
Electrix

Re: Removes "Shared folders" auto.. Bug!

Postby meskibob » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:42 pm

Is it the same 5 folders everytime, and are they networked folders or is there anything else that's special about them?
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Electrix » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:45 pm

meskibob wrote:Is it the same 5 folders everytime, and are they networked folders or is there anything else that's special about them?

No the last time it happened all the folders (6 of 6) was removed for some reason. And no, nothing special, just ordinary folders containing mediafiles and more folders with media-files in them.
Electrix

Postby Electrix » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:45 am

I think I know what the problem is.

Everytime I restart PMS it says that the folder doesn't exist. In the same sentence I see the directory-path which leads OK but with the wrong harddrive-partition.. ehm.. Like C:, D: and so on.

When I installed my computer my harddrive D: and E: were in the wrong order so I switched them, after installning PS3 Media Server. Of course I removed the shares then added them again, but it's like the server goes back to the path's before?

/R
Electrix

Return to General Help and Support