The latest development version of PMS can be downloaded from the Jenkins Snapshot Build Server (link removed). New snapshot builds are available within an hour after every change made to the PMS source code.
Thanks a lot to smo for setting this server up! The original thread about the setup can be found here.
Having a build like this makes it easy to gain access to specific bug fixes as well as new features, but please bear in mind these builds may not have been widely tested and are not guaranteed to be stable. Please let us know if you spot any regressions (i.e. new bugs not present in the latest official release). Also: feedback on things that have been fixed in these builds is always welcome!
Update procedure for Windows and Linux:
- Download the latest version of "pms-xxx.jar-with-dependencies.jar" from here (link removed) (where xxx is the version you want)
- Close PMS on your computer
- Rename the downloaded "pms-xxx.jar-with-dependencies.jar" to "pms.jar"
- Replace the "pms.jar" in the PMS application working directory with the one you downloaded (make a backup of the original, just in case)
- Start PMS and check that the version shown in the window title corresponds to the one you downloaded
Update procedure for Mac OSX:
- Download the latest version of "pms-x.xx.x-SNAPSHOT-setup-macosx.tar.gz" from the target build directory (link removed).
Be aware that this update procedure doesn't update any transcode tools used by PMS such as MEncoder or tsMuxeR. If required, these can be found on SourceForge.