If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

Do you want this kind of feature?

Yes, it will be great!
89%
No, not usefull at all
No votes
Ehm, don't know, maybe yes, maybe no...
11%
I am lazy to implement it to the PMS code:-)
No votes

Total votes : 9

Muxing all audio tracks presented in MKV (txMuxeR) [Pool]

Postby ExSport » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:51 am

Muxing all audios present in stream when using tsMuxer will be great. E.g. MKV files.
If DTS present, is could be good to mux it as last track because maybe it will deny audio swithing when PS3 will see it at no audio(DTS not supported when streamed)
I try do it manually in tsMuxer and PS3 is able to switch audio tracks when m2ts streamed.

Also if I can have question mentioned in Issue 205: http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/issues/detail?id=205#c6
Code: Select all
Any benefits using mencoder instead of tsmuxer? Also when you use mencoder, it is
not possible to stream subtitles without reencoding/transcoding video. What is
exactly the difference between tsMuxeR's muxing and MEncoder's muxing(-copy
parameter)?

Many thanks
Last edited by ExSport on Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ExSport

Re: Muxing all audio tracks presented in MKV (txMuxeR)

Postby ExSport » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:13 pm

Noone wanted this feature? Strange... :shock:
ExSport

Postby phil85 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:46 am

I would love to see this feature. I have opened a thread about this topic in the old forum. Since I'm not an native English speaker, I'm very interested in having more than only one audio stream.

The other great thing about this feature is, that it would allow mkv => ts/m2ts conversion on the fly by only copying the mkv to the ps3 hdd. (I konw it's possible at the moment, but only with one audio stream).
Even dts tracks are no problem, since pms is capable of converting dts to ac3 on thy fly by using pipes.

I had a look at the source code of the TSMuxer Encoder class of pms and realized that it can be easily achieved with minor changes in the code. Especially for mkv files with max. 1 dts track (number of ac3 tracks doesn't matter).
I have tested it with 9 or 10 mkv files. Despite the fact, that tsmuxer crashed at the end of a file sometimes (which didn't have any effect on the video/audio itself), it worked great.
But since I lack knowledge of the whole "concept" of the pms source code, I think it would be much better if one of the Devs had a look at this topic.
phil85

Postby ExSport » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:54 pm

Hello Shagrath. How about this feature? I don't think that it is huge change in code to mux all audios 8-)
But very usefull option indeed...
Many thanks.
ExSport

Postby ExSport » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:54 pm

Hope it will be included in next version 8-)
Now I have to use MEncoder instead of tsMuxer(degraded quality, high bitrate) only because my first audio track is DTS or it is another language than my native one(99% of my videos have 1st eng and second one is my native lang). Switching them on the fly when tsMuxer is used will be great!!! I voted for YES :twisted:
Many thanks :mrgreen:
ExSport

Re: Muxing all audio tracks presented in MKV (txMuxeR) [Pool]

Postby ExSport » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:14 am

I thought that people are lazy to wrote something but clicking on buttons in the poll will be more easiest way :twisted:
Tried to compile r246 but it seems that no change in this question, only first audio track is muxed :cry:

Any info directly from Shagrath if it is planned and if yes with what priority? 8-)
ExSport

Postby shagrath » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:59 pm

working on it but don't expect anything wonderful... or even working :p
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby ExSport » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:05 pm

I expect it will be working for sure because you are magician and also when you use tsMuxer by own, there is no problem to create m2ts file with all present audios. Also PS3 can switch between audio tracks when I streamed it :mrgreen:
So only one change have to be done and it is demuxing all embedded audio tracks instead of 1st one only and remuxing them back in another container(.m2ts).
But don't know if video file will have e.g #1 DTS, #2 ENG AC3, #3 GER AC3...if first DTS track will not block audio switching on PS3 because DTS will be interpreted in PS3 as no audio(but if LPCM for DTS is enabled, then perhaps it will be no problem)...so maybe it will be good to shift DTS at the end of present audio tracks :twisted: = second code change 8-)
Forgot to write, GREAT WORK Shagrath!!!!!
ExSport

Return to Feature Suggestions