Re: PMS plugin for XBMC

Postby fstof » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:40 pm

new build is up, please feedback

http://code.google.com/p/pms-xbmc/downl ... 120620.jar

Thanks
fstof

Postby shaneo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:47 pm

All is working well on my side thanks for the fix :). By the way if we play a tv show via xbmc does scrobbling support work if we have the xbmc trakt plugin?
shaneo

Postby fstof » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:54 pm

shaneo wrote:All is working well on my side thanks for the fix :). By the way if we play a tv show via xbmc does scrobbling support work if we have the xbmc trakt plugin?

If I knew what the trakt plugin was or what "scrobbling" is I could give you a propper answer... but solely based on that, I would have to with NO :D

thanks for the feedback
fstof

Re: PMS plugin for XBMC [updated 2012-06-20]

Postby shaneo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:11 pm

Trakt scrobbling allows XBMC to tell Trakt the show you are currently watching as well as what you have currently watched and allows it to be added to bbcode/html for forums, blogs and signatures. This is somewhat similar to the way last.fm works with music. It is a great addition and would be great to see pms add this function. After some testing with shows it seems that the scrobbling does not work via pms-xbmc and also noticed that it doesnt work when streaming via XBMC. The plugin for trakt and xbmc can be found here http://trakt.tv/downloads/xbmc. By the way im not asking you to add this feature just maybe something to look into if it catches your interest. Either way thanks for this plugin it works like a charm :)
Last edited by shaneo on Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shaneo

Postby fstof » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:25 pm

shaneo wrote:Trakt scrobbling allows XBMC to tell Trakt the show you are currently watching as well as what you have currently watched and allows it to be added to bbcode/html for forums, blogs and signatures. This is somewhat similar to the way last.fm works with music. It is a great addition and would be great to see pms add this function. After some testing with shows it seems that the scrobbling does not work via pms-xbmc and also noticed that it doesnt work when streaming via XBMC. The plugin for trakt and xbmc can be found here http://trakt.tv/downloads/xbmc. By the way im not asking you to add this feature just maybe something to look into if it catches your interest. Either way thanks for this plugin it works like a charm :)

Interesting. Why I would like the whole world to know what tv show I'm watching... I don't know :?: but who am I to judge ;)
of the top of my head, I don't see this feature ever being part of this plugin as it is beyond the scope. But I'm pretty sure it could be done if those scrobbling services have a public api. Who knows... If enough people shout loud enough , I might just look into it... maybe ;)
fstof

Postby shaneo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi does the plugin support playback for mkv's? I have XBMC setup to stack and my files are named part* inside a folder with the movie title. I don't know if maybe that is what is affecting playback or not but when i select the folder in the plugin I get the error <File Is Missing>. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

**edit**
Ok so I found that the plugin was loading an old DB file. Some of the movies are till giving me the <file is missing> error though. And some of the movies show other movies within the folder. Some DB information is listed withing the folder listing such as codec being used and screen resolutions. If you would like I could take some screen shots with my phone that would help you better understand the issue related to the folder listings.
shaneo

Postby fstof » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:13 am

shaneo wrote:Hi does the plugin support playback for mkv's? I have XBMC setup to stack and my files are named part* inside a folder with the movie title. I don't know if maybe that is what is affecting playback or not but when i select the folder in the plugin I get the error <File Is Missing>. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

**edit**
Ok so I found that the plugin was loading an old DB file. Some of the movies are till giving me the <file is missing> error though. And some of the movies show other movies within the folder. Some DB information is listed withing the folder listing such as codec being used and screen resolutions. If you would like I could take some screen shots with my phone that would help you better understand the issue related to the folder listings.

The plugin does not care about file types, it only locates the file in the XBMC db file and serves it up to PMC.

I haven't tried using split movies, don't know how XBMC handles it, so it's something I will have to look at.

If you don't mind please log the issue here and zip and attach your db file if it's not too big
fstof

Postby rudewest » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:35 pm

is there any way to get the add-ons working PS3 via PMS/XBMC ? if this works means free TV !!!!
rudewest

Postby fstof » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:04 am

rudewest wrote:is there any way to get the add-ons working PS3 via PMS/XBMC ? if this works means free TV !!!!

I'm not sure I understand you question completely...

you mind rephrasing it?
fstof

Postby trogs109 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:47 pm

in the screenshots and it says Or browse to the SQLite db file i click browse and then what....where will this file be so i dont know where to browse to

thanks for looking
trogs109

PreviousNext

Return to Additions and Plugins